Vizio's first 4K TV is 50" and will cost $1000

TopWargamer

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/7/5286772/vizios-first-4k-tvs-will-start-at-only-999

Vizio announced its first lineup of 4K TVs yesterday, but there was no word on price. Surprisingly enough, the company has already broken its silence on the matter — its consumer-grade P series lineup of 4K TVs will start at only $999.99 for a 50-inch model. The top-end, 70-inch model will go for $2,599.99, making Vizio's series the most affordable we've seen yet. While Polaroid announced a $999 4K TV, its quality leaves a lot to be desired — but that's not the case with Vizio's models. We had a chance to check them out for ourselves and you're definitely looking at a high-quality picture.

So if you want the larger 70" model, get ready to dish out $2500, but the 50" model is plenty big enough for just about anybody. Anyways, $1000 for a 50" TV? That's not bad, BUT $1000 for a 50" TV that is 4K? Shut up and take my money, all of it, er well, $1000 of it.

It's great to see more TV companies coming out with affordable 4K TVs. Obviously there's cheaper options out there. I do recall somebody announcing a 28" 4K TV or monitor. May have been ASUS? I don't quite remember, but even that's a good deal for a 4K TV or monitor.

COMIC SANS

So I can have a 50" 4k TV  but there isn't much monitors under that same price...

Interesting.

Signatures are stupid.

It's going to look terrible like the Seiki most likely though.

Vizio TV's are pretty good quality.

I've got a 60" Vizio and it looks just as good as my expensive Samsung.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

2500 isnt too bad. we payed around 3000 for our 70inch 1080p tv... but thats aus overpriced prices so yea itll be more over here.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

It's going to look terrible like the Seiki most likely though.

"While Polaroid announced a $999 4K TV, its quality leaves a lot to be desired — but that's not the case with Vizio's models. We had a chance to check them out for ourselves and you're definitely looking at a high-quality picture."

It makes me wonder where they're cutting to make decent stuff so cheap

(and so Fuko was throw away like an old dish rag)

Error: 410

It makes me wonder where they're cutting to make decent stuff so cheap

(and so Fuko was throw away like an old dish rag)

4K cost X amount

Most companies are selling the TV for X amount times 10

Vizio is selling the TV for X amount times 5.

More people buy, make quick profit on TV.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Given that it's Vizio, I'd expect the quality to be decent. Vizio makes great quality sets considering their prices.

All the Vizeo TV owners I know including myself say that there are great TV's. I really hope it's as good as they say. If it is, I think my current TV is about to have an "accident." ;)

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

by the time they appear in Australia .... 4k will be old hat

Its all about those volumetric clouds