Canon EOS T4i vs. Canon 60D

Go to solution Solved by Torand,

I've just upgraded to the 60d from my 600d (t3i).

I loved the 600d, but the incremental upgrade for me was worth it.

I use the display at the top of the grip a lot for quick settings. LOVE the clicky dial instead of the d-pad and the larger grip was a huge relief for my large hands. The camera just feels better, the higher bust rate is really handy for my style and the shutter has a very mechanical and pleasant sound, unlike the rebel series where its very electronic.

For me it was a worthwhile upgrade. 

Although you are going to have to get the 60d quick as they are now discontinued now the 70d is out, so new stock is only whats left then you'll have to go pre owned. My other reason for upgrading was that I got a new 60d from DigitalRev for £425. Which was also one of the main factors for my upgrade, a new body for so cheap is just amazing. Certainly was worth the money, love that new camera feel as well, had my 600d for around 2 years. But they are going fast so get one while you can OP!

Against the T4i, really the only thing IMO in which the T4i has over the 60d is the touch screen, but with the top screen on the 60d, everything is easy/quick enough to change anyway.

What do you think is better?  I'm looking into upgrading my camera soon.

PC:  Asus K53E    Camera:   Nikon D3100

Why not go the Nikon side?

I haven't looked there, I'm using a D3100 now and its been great so far but the problem is that i can't use an attached mic since it doesn't have an input.  Do you recommend one?

PC:  Asus K53E    Camera:   Nikon D3100

i always wonder... why does every company make so many different camera models?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I've just upgraded to the 60d from my 600d (t3i).

I loved the 600d, but the incremental upgrade for me was worth it.

I use the display at the top of the grip a lot for quick settings. LOVE the clicky dial instead of the d-pad and the larger grip was a huge relief for my large hands. The camera just feels better, the higher bust rate is really handy for my style and the shutter has a very mechanical and pleasant sound, unlike the rebel series where its very electronic.

For me it was a worthwhile upgrade. 

Although you are going to have to get the 60d quick as they are now discontinued now the 70d is out, so new stock is only whats left then you'll have to go pre owned. My other reason for upgrading was that I got a new 60d from DigitalRev for £425. Which was also one of the main factors for my upgrade, a new body for so cheap is just amazing. Certainly was worth the money, love that new camera feel as well, had my 600d for around 2 years. But they are going fast so get one while you can OP!

Against the T4i, really the only thing IMO in which the T4i has over the 60d is the touch screen, but with the top screen on the 60d, everything is easy/quick enough to change anyway.

I haven't looked there, I'm using a D3100 now and its been great so far but the problem is that i can't use an attached mic since it doesn't have an input.  Do you recommend one?

Nikon D5200 I own one personally 

this lens is perfect for it http://en.nikon.ca/Nikon-Products/Product/Camera-Lenses/2137/AF-Nikkor-50mm-f%252F1.8D.html