DayZ not going Beta before 2015

applebook

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dayz-sales-rise-to-875k-dev-says-beta-not-likely-before-end-of-2014/1100-6416986/

Thank you, Bohemia, for saving me $30.

I was still going to buy it despite the broken occlusion in the Arma engine. :rolleyes:

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Fuck that such a money scam its not even funny, its going to be like ARMA 3 when they are eventually going to charge 60 dollars for a game that isn't finished

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

i love dayz but im getting to the point where i feel like rocket is just an ass. He takes so long for fucking everything. Ive been playing the mod lately its just better although it doesnt look as good

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Imo, the alpha is still completely playable and actually fun. Just maybe not worth the £20 yet...

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

The DayZ Mod is still fun. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the standalone yet.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

"DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

DayZ is currently in early alpha and we see a lot of work ahead of us in order to make it the true authentic multiplayer experience we want it to be. Current version is including only small subset of game mechanics and serves mostly as test bed with core technology that should serve as basis for future additions and improvements. Currently planned key future features are: 

Playable vehicles 

Wide variety of native animal life 

Player created constructions in the environment 

Extensive interactions with the environment and crafting options 

Streamlined user actions and interface 

Upgraded graphics and physics engine (including ragdoll, etc.) 

Control and animations expanded and improved for fluidity 

Support of user mods

We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process."

It has been written on the games page since the alpha got released so i see no issues....

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

The DayZ Mod is still fun. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the standalone yet.

The standalone is still fun although there isn't much to do in there yet. I could never get the mod to work for some reason so i never got a chance to play that way.

I was completely hypen on geting DayZ standalone but after finding another great mods in Arma I cant see my self looking forward on DayZ anymore. Especialy in its current state. It looks like it still carry a lot of problems from Arma, hopefully they will be resolved or they find some way to enhance that game engine.

DayZ has been in Alpha for how long now? Given that they have raised additional tens of millions $$$$$$$$$$$ since the December early access, shouldn't they increase their productivity goals? I'm not expecting them to promise a Beta before the end of the year, but at least try!

Anyway, the game looks too broken for me to invest my time. $30 is nothing. 

I don't know why you're assuming that I expected them to toil over the holidays. When Hall says that there won't be a 2014 Beta release, I believe him. Given his previous targets, I wouldn't be shocked if a buggy Beta made it for 2016. The saddest thing is that I'm still tempted to buy it.

i love dayz but im getting to the point where i feel like rocket is just an ass. He takes so long for fucking everything. Ive been playing the mod lately its just better although it doesnt look as good

Rocket is a good guy but he is bad at setting a realistic deadline. I do believe he intends the best but he sets unrealistic goals.

He seems very committed to putting out a good finished product and I think he will do just that in the end no matter how long that takes. MC had a long as hell development cycle and some argue it still isn't done.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

-snip-

I like you.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I don't see any problems with him trying to give you guys a game, that works 100% and figuring everything out does take a long time. You may also not compare the dev. of DayZ with DICE or EA in general, the workforce is a lot smaller. 

I too am pretty annoyed by the fact, that it takes so long, but I also don't want the same situation we have with almost every game from EA and it's sister companies, where games are seriously unplayable at launch. 

Instead of bashing on Rocket all the time, calling him an ass, how about you people actually build the game? Apparently a lot of you seem to be able to do this a lot quicker! Again, I can understand the discontent with how long things are taking, yet I think that not Rocket is the ass here, but rather you. You still have the ArmA 2 mod, you have ArmA 3 mods and you also have a fairly playable DayZ Alpha, so what do you guys want? Seriously, answer this question. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I don't see any problems with him trying to give you guys a game, that works 100% and figuring everything out does take a long time. You may also not compare the dev. of DayZ with DICE or EA in general, the workforce is a lot smaller.

I too am pretty annoyed by the fact, that it takes so long, but I also don't want the same situation we have with almost every game from EA and it's sister companies, where games are seriously unplayable at launch.

Instead of bashing on Rocket all the time, calling him an ass, how about you people actually build the game? Apparently a lot of you seem to be able to do this a lot quicker! Again, I can understand the discontent with how long things are taking, yet I think that not Rocket is the ass here, but rather you. You still have the ArmA 2 mod, you have ArmA 3 mods and you also have a fairly playable DayZ Alpha, so what do you guys want? Seriously, answer this question.

Amen. I agree completely, and I don't see where people get the idea that the standalone is "unplayable" only issues I see are the typical day z ones, buggy zombies, items disappearing and the constant red lag chain. All of which don't make the game unplayable.

That's not my complaint. He's now received a windfall in excess of $20m. Please use it to speed up development. It could be over 12 more months to a Beta that still requires another couple of years before a final release.

Newsflash., it takes an average of 2 years to develop a game.

The difference is 99.9% of games are never announced as even existing until they are well into the second year.

A watched pot never boils,..... if it's too much for you to handle watching the NORMAL development of a game

that's INVOLVING the community in it's design then STOP READING DayZ standalone news.

That's not my complaint. He's now received a windfall in excess of $20m. Please use it to speed up development. It could be over 12 more months to a Beta that still requires another couple of years before a final release.

Money won't make a game playable/good, dedication and time will. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I'm not buying an alpha, that's just me but to be fair to the dev team the Steam description says in all caps that it's alpha ect they aren't trying to hide what it is.

Anyone who buys it knows what they are buying, personally I think that they can pay me to alpha/beta test a game but the notion of me paying them for that is absurd.