HOW DO I STOP WINDOWS 10 FROM UPDATING TO THE LATEST BUILD

Bonzilink
Go to solution Solved by Bonzilink,

Hey guys, this is an update.

I had been forced to update, because Windows 10 hates me for no reason.

It is still fine, my PC still works, it is not slow, so some admin please close this thread.

On 11/10/2018 at 4:59 PM, GoodBytes said:

Sorry, it is on an SSD and has GeForce 7300

Yeah I was generally speaking,

Using a laptop with a core 2 duo (personal experience) is definitely frustrating with windows also because you can't put a 7200 HD rpm on it, that would be at least decent, unless you want to rely on hybrid HD+ssds

Luckily enough in the last months SSDs became very cheap so this is not going to be a problem at all... 

In some modern Linux distros the i/o activity  is like Windows anyway so well unless you don't defrag your HDD the experience would be the same

Edited by Guest

On 11/9/2018 at 3:03 PM, fixthegrouppolicy said:

THE BUILD IS SLOW ON MY PC THIS BUILD IM USING NOW THE ANNIVERSARY UPDATE IM FINE WITH I DONT CARE ABOUT THE UPDATES JUST TELL ME HOW TO STOP IT!!

There are many ways to block Windows Update on in your Windows OS. Many of them are listed in this post:

Since you're using Windows 10 version 1607, the simplest way to stop Windows Update is this:

Step 1 - In the start menu, search for and open Services

Step 2 - In the Services window, search for Windows Update and open it. Press Stop, and the set the Startup Type to Disabled. Then press OK to close the window.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Hey guys I have a simmilar problem.

My work requires a lot of research so I at the end of the day I have a lot of tabs and documents open. I leave my laptop on hybernate for the night since closing and then opening everything else in the morning (actually finding the stuff) would take me an extra hour every day.

Long story short, windows updates and restarts when laptop is on hybernate, thus closing everything and even worse not saving certain things. I can only set an "active hours" period up to 16h when laptop wont auto restart and setting it when I'm actually working is a no go if I leave the room for an hour or so.

Is there any way to (without 3rd party software) to stop the auto-update restart? I'd like for windows to just give me a notification about possible updates (now it just siais it will restart in x amount of time) so I could restart my laptop when I choose.

Metered connection trick wont work because I need onedrive to work propperly (unless I can make it sync on metered connections)

P.S. I use windows Home edition.

18 hours ago, Terran van Hendrix said:

Hey guys I have a simmilar problem.

My work requires a lot of research so I at the end of the day I have a lot of tabs and documents open. I leave my laptop on hybernate for the night since closing and then opening everything else in the morning (actually finding the stuff) would take me an extra hour every day.

Long story short, windows updates and restarts when laptop is on hybernate, thus closing everything and even worse not saving certain things. I can only set an "active hours" period up to 16h when laptop wont auto restart and setting it when I'm actually working is a no go if I leave the room for an hour or so.

Is there any way to (without 3rd party software) to stop the auto-update restart? I'd like for windows to just give me a notification about possible updates (now it just siais it will restart in x amount of time) so I could restart my laptop when I choose.

Metered connection trick wont work because I need onedrive to work propperly (unless I can make it sync on metered connections)

P.S. I use windows Home edition.

The post right above yours contains a link to various solutions to completely stop Windows Update.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Hey guys, this is an update.

I had been forced to update, because Windows 10 hates me for no reason.

It is still fine, my PC still works, it is not slow, so some admin please close this thread.

Bonzilink