Why is the mic and stand in frame on WAN show

J-Dogg

IMO it would look a lot cleaner and nice if the mic and stand wasn't in the shot because its never centered and even tho its not in focus its still an eye sore and doesn't compliment the nice background at all.

is there no way to rectify this while retaining sound quality?

System 1                                                                                            System 2     
Intel core 2 Duo T5800 @2.00GHz                                                    Intel core i5-4460 @3.20GHz quad core
4gb RAM                                                                                            8gb Samsung DDR3 1600Mhz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470                                                            Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2gb
Windows vista Home premium 32-Bit                                                Windows 7 home premium 64-Bit

(Laptop)                                                                                              Asrock H81m DGS Micro ATX

System 3                                                                                           System 4

Intel core i7 6700HQ up to 3.5GHz 6MB Cache                                Intel core i7 6700k @4.20GHz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M 3gb                                                          32gb DDR4 G.Skill ripjaws 2233Mhz

Samsung 256GB M.2 NGFF Solid State Drive                                  Gigabyte G1 Geforce GTX 980Ti
1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive                                                                 Corsair RM-750 750W 80+ Gold

16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 2133MHz                                          Gigabyte H170 HD3 LGA1151

15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 220-nits Display           Intel SSD 535 Series 240GB

Windows 10 Pro                                                                                 SanDisk 120GB SSD Plus

8-cell Lithium Ion (92 Whr) Battery                                                     Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

(Laptop)                                                                                               IN-WIN GRone ATX Full Tower
                                                                                                            4g Arctic Cooling MX-2         
                                                                                                            Coolermaster Hyper 103
                                                                                                            TP-Link TL-WN881ND

They had a professional company come in and set it up for them like 18 months ago now? and they just never got around to doing a different solution for it. They know it needs to be done, they just havent. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

oh i wasn't aware they had intentions to change it. Thats good then i look forward to it.

System 1                                                                                            System 2     
Intel core 2 Duo T5800 @2.00GHz                                                    Intel core i5-4460 @3.20GHz quad core
4gb RAM                                                                                            8gb Samsung DDR3 1600Mhz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470                                                            Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2gb
Windows vista Home premium 32-Bit                                                Windows 7 home premium 64-Bit

(Laptop)                                                                                              Asrock H81m DGS Micro ATX

System 3                                                                                           System 4

Intel core i7 6700HQ up to 3.5GHz 6MB Cache                                Intel core i7 6700k @4.20GHz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M 3gb                                                          32gb DDR4 G.Skill ripjaws 2233Mhz

Samsung 256GB M.2 NGFF Solid State Drive                                  Gigabyte G1 Geforce GTX 980Ti
1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive                                                                 Corsair RM-750 750W 80+ Gold

16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 2133MHz                                          Gigabyte H170 HD3 LGA1151

15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 220-nits Display           Intel SSD 535 Series 240GB

Windows 10 Pro                                                                                 SanDisk 120GB SSD Plus

8-cell Lithium Ion (92 Whr) Battery                                                     Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

(Laptop)                                                                                               IN-WIN GRone ATX Full Tower
                                                                                                            4g Arctic Cooling MX-2         
                                                                                                            Coolermaster Hyper 103
                                                                                                            TP-Link TL-WN881ND

From the first time I started watching the wan show I wanted them to use the radio mics for it, or to at least have a mic above the shot of the camera hanging from the grid they have. I say get rid of the arm!

their sound desk can take another mic as well from what I saw from the upgrade vlog a while ago. 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

Mics in Frame have become more popular. Many podcasters just leave them in. Sometimes right in front of the speakers. 

Either lazyness said “let’s leave all the equipment on frame” or style said “maybe it’d be cool to leave equipment in frame” 

20 hours ago, J-Dogg said:

an eye sore

Lots of things lmg does is an eyesore. The mic problem is very low on the list for them.

On a side note, its like those ads you see in the for sale section, a car for example. Goes like this "Ford F250 for sale, ran when parked, needs a new oil filter, too busy to do it myself."

I once saw a task master in the flesh. Family business and they had 3 or 4 kids. She had like little Post-It notes on a board, it was quite amazing to see. I find when you are doing multiple things at once, less gets done then if you were to focus on the task at hand and pound it out!

There was a program they used, its been so long now I forget what it was called. But the employees could log in and see what was needed for a specific job and you could have projects in there as well. I feel as though the name is basic like "Fortress Projects" or something. I will try to search for it.

Is top quality show, tremendous quality, the best

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

On 11/8/2018 at 4:41 PM, J-Dogg said:

IMO it would look a lot cleaner and nice if the mic and stand wasn't in the shot because its never centered and even tho its not in focus its still an eye sore and doesn't compliment the nice background at all.

is there no way to rectify this while retaining sound quality?

Yeah why don't they use the tube microphones that they use normally?

10 hours ago, fpo said:

Mics in Frame have become more popular. Many podcasters just leave them in. Sometimes right in front of the speakers. 

Either lazyness said “let’s leave all the equipment on frame” or style said “maybe it’d be cool to leave equipment in frame” 

Probably the 2nd one.

Pretty sure they removed it for one episode just after they moved set but changed it back

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

Even it's been months since current WAN Show setup first appeared on camera with a mic sitting right in the middle of the frame, I'm still looking at that mic when you guys are talking.

I'm no audio guy so I'm wondering, what's the benefit of the current mic position?

I think it would be better if the mic placed on both sides. The benefits is not only viewers can listen to the hosts clearly, but also it's not distracting audience main focus and hosts movements. And also we get stereo audio ?

I attached an image to illustrate my suggestion. CMIIW, thank you!

Spoiler

934093832_Screenshot(280).thumb.jpg.0fc63de9e56d18ebad86e489e0dce7ff.jpg

That wouldn't be a bad idea, actually.

I think the reason they have the mic in the center is so they can more easily pick up audio from both hosts without having to manage multiple input devices.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Sooo they want wan show to be as low effort as possible...

That's really it. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

12 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That wouldn't be a bad idea, actually.

I think the reason they have the mic in the center is so they can more easily pick up audio from both hosts without having to manage multiple input devices.

11 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

Sooo they want wan show to be as low effort as possible...

That's really it. 

Actually if that's the reason they can do it way easier with a shotgun mic. I hope they will consider these kind of ideas to improve WAN Show after the last episode they nearly deafen us with a be quiet case ?

8 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

There's a topic here about it:

Wait, is my thread merged with this one?

45 minutes ago, westport17 said:

Wait, is my thread merged with this one?

yes, having multiple threads on this same subject makes for deep confusion.

so it was merged with the earliest thread