Cant connect to internet on fresh install of Win 10

MoonFrost

Backstory: I gave my old PC (Motherboard p67a-gd65(b3), i7 2600k, GTX970) to my little brother last year, I reinstalled windows 10 64bit back then, downloaded games (because he didnt have internet in his household) and gave it to him for christmas.

A while ago it had an issue where you couldnt shut it down, so I unplugged it after a few hours and it wouldnt boot. Tried running a windows repair off usb and nothing worked, ended up having to reinstall windows, formatted the drive, everything works fine except I can't connect to the internet, which they just recently had installed. I can hook the internet up to my laptop no problem, so it's not an ISP issue.

Any ideas? I looked on the manufacturers website for drivers but they only had drivers up to Windows 8 for the motherboard. I tried downloading the Windows 8 64 bit Intel Chipset Driver as well as the Realtek pci lan drivers with no luck and Im out of ideas and frustrated.

I did reinstall windows before they installed the internet, so maybe I need to reinstall windows 10 again with the ethernet plugged in to automatically have windows do something Im not aware it does?

looks like you already found the problem which is missing drivers for the network interface.

unless you can find working drivers i would suggest you simply get a wifi usb stick and use this to connect to the network.

2 minutes ago, MoonFrost said:

Backstory: I gave my old PC (Motherboard p67a-gd65(b3), i7 2600k, GTX970) to my little brother last year, I reinstalled windows 10 64bit back then, downloaded games (because he didnt have internet in his household) and gave it to him for christmas.

A while ago it had an issue where you couldnt shut it down, so I unplugged it after a few hours and it wouldnt boot. Tried running a windows repair off usb and nothing worked, ended up having to reinstall windows, formatted the drive, everything works fine except I can't connect to the internet, which they just recently had installed. I can hook the internet up to my laptop no problem, so it's not an ISP issue.

Any ideas? I looked on the manufacturers website for drivers but they only had drivers up to Windows 8 for the motherboard. I tried downloading the Windows 8 64 bit Intel Chipset Driver as well as the Realtek pci lan drivers with no luck and Im out of ideas and frustrated.

If all else fails just reinstall windows, as sometimes windows fails to install properly.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 minute ago, Pixel5 said:

looks like you already found the problem which is missing drivers for the network interface.

unless you can find working drivers i would suggest you simply get a wifi usb stick and use this to connect to the network.

maybe ill try windows 7 dirvers. I just edited my last post to include how i didnt have internet plugged in when I installed windows, would that make any difference if I installed windows again this time with internet?

no it would make no difference, if there are no drivers available for windows 10 it wont be able to find them no matter when you connect a cable.