Arduino RC car using smartphone and HC-05 bluetooth troubleshooting

Earl Talatala

Good day! I'm having a hard time making the project to work perfectly. So far I'm following this video below and I can't control the RC car properly. All it can do is move forward even if I let go of the controller from the smartphone. Can someone help me troubleshoot my problems? Thank you. Code for Arduino and the app is linked below

The video: 

The explanation to the codes as well as the download link of the Android application and code itself is in this site: https://howtomechatronics.com/tutorials/arduino/arduino-robot-car-wireless-control-using-hc-05-bluetooth-nrf24l01-and-hc-12-transceiver-modules/

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

You haven't given us much to go on to help you out but I would say you need to break the problem down and de-bug it

1st is your app working? Could you display the values you are sending over Bluetooth on screen and some kind of status indicators to confirm you are connected?

2nd is your car working? You could use some LEDS or an OLED on spare pins to display some information, or send some information back over Bluetooth to be displayed in your phone app?

The first step to fixing a problem will always be finding it.