why the reference cooler in Graphics cards and CPU sucks

tedjani

ok so why is the reference r9 290x cooler sucks 

it's hot and loud

can't they just make cooler that make there GPU's colder and makes less noise like this

ASUS-R9-290X-DirectCU-II-TOP.jpg

and why does the stock cooler on the CPU's suck can't they make better one  like this

4.jpg

Manners Maketh Man

One word

Cheap

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

They do it because they know people will make them.

Quote me to get a reply!

Money, for fucks sake. We already kinda discussed this. 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Unless you want to pay an extra 200$ for your CPU and a 100$ + extra for your GPU you get stock.

And the enthusiast market is very niche. Random guy XY has no use for a NHD14 as he doesn't even know how to enter the BIOS.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Because NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel aren't experienced cooler manufacturers.

Also because why would you want 45% of the cost for the CPU you're buying to be for the cooler?

The coolers are sufficient for stock speeds.

Somebody who puts aftermarket coolers on stock components is wasting their money. And MOST people don't OC...

When you consider these points, your questions answer themselves.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

The Nvidia reference cooler for 770/780/780ti/Titan  is pretty good IMO

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

The coolers are sufficient for stock speeds.

Somebody who puts aftermarket coolers on stock components is wasting their money. And MOST people don't OC...

When you consider these points, your questions answer themselves.

You can also get a cooler for stock components if you want something quieter and doesn't ramp up as much when on full load.  For example I'm using the Hyper 212 Evo on my Xeon because even at full load with the addition of my graphics card dumping heat into my case, the cooler fan doesn't ramp up and stays at a nice 1000 rpms.  Now my GPU fans will ramp up, but the less fans generating noise in the case the quieter it is.

Unless you want to pay an extra 200$ for your CPU and a 100$ + extra for your GPU you get stock.

And the enthusiast market is very niche. Random guy XY has no use for a NHD14 as he doesn't even know how to enter the BIOS.

What did you mean exactly by "pay an extra 200$ for your CPU and a 100$ + extra for your GPU you get stock"? I just don't understand what you're trying to say.

From what I understood, it sounds like you said you need to pay an extra $200 to get a nice CPU cooler and it costs $100 more for a graphics card with a nice non-reference cooler, but that isn't the case. You can get an H100i or a Swiftech H220 which are pretty top of the line AIO liquid coolers for CPU and those are only ~$100. And getting an ASUS DCUII graphics card only costs ~$30-$50 more than a reference card. And these are top of the line, basic cooling upgrades can run you as little as $30.

I may have misunderstood what you were trying to say, but if I understood you correctly, the prices you said aren't exactly true if you just want a simple upgrade from stock cooling.

Intel i5 3570K - ASRock Extreme4 - Corsair Vengeance 8Gb RAM - ASUS GTX 660 Ti - Samsung 840 250Gb SSD (OS-Games) - WD 750Gb HDD (Storage) - Corsair TX650W PSU - Corsair 300R

One word

Cheap

Money, for fucks sake. We already kinda discussed this. 

Because NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel aren't experienced cooler manufacturers.

Also because why would you want 45% of the cost for the CPU you're buying to be for the cooler?

yeah but we are already going to buy aftermarket cooler it's going to be the same you can get a cpu for 200$ and then you get cooler for 70$ or you buy it once

they should make it like a deal

get intel 3570K pro edition with (with the cooler)

or you can get the intel 3570k normal edition

i think that is better what do you guys think

Manners Maketh Man

yeah but we are already going to buy aftermarket cooler it's going to be the same you can get a cpu for 200$ and then you get cooler for 70$ or you buy it once

they should make it like a deal

get intel 3570K pro edition with (with the cooler)

or you can get the intel 3570k normal edition

i think that is better what do you guys think

I can see so much problems in the "Pro" Version. In the Pro, you can have some cooler but you could get it for cheaper when not together, so Intel wouldn't make any profit. Why do you think Intel hasent made a move like that?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Why can't I go to the Subaru dealership and buy this ..   why just why isn't this the stock WRX?

news_pic1.gif

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

Why can't I go to the Subaru dealership and buy this ..   why just why isn't this the stock WRX?

news_pic1.gif

I could wile away the hours

Conferring with the flowers

Consulting with the rain...

And my head I'd be scratching

While my thoughts were busy hatching

If I only had a brain...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

news_pic1.gif

Heroes-para-ninos-Troll-face-Oh-God-Why-

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Oh-God-Why-

OH GAWD!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!

I wish this was actually true!!

500+ WHP and 500+ lb-ft of torque right from the factory!

Only if Mitsubishi and Subaru did this...only if they did...my heart just died a little... :(

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Because stock it good enough and cheap. I still want to see a really good after market blower cooler for gpu's