Monitor/gpu issue. I seriously don't know what to do anymore and my excitement for my new build is starting fading away.

Antonismastro34

Hey everyone.

My specs:
- AMD 5 Ryzen 2600
- NVIDIA GTX 1050 2gb
- AsRock B450 Pro4.

So, I finished building my PC today and I was about to boot it. 

First attempted failed. I realised my monitor had only a VGA cable while 1050 has only HDMI and DVI-D.

I bought a passive DVI-D to VGA adapter, same thing. "Check Signal Cable" box on the screen and below it "Analog".

I then tried to remove one stick of ram, check if everything is in place, re-apply gpu. Same thing.

Then I bought a DVI-D cable as some suggested me. Plugged it nicely to both monitor and graphics card. Same thing. Check Signal Cable error. 

I have spent whole day trying to figure out what's wrong and I seriously have no idea. When I turn PC on CPU fan and chassis fan are working normally.

I really ask for help at this point. I don't know what's wrong and I have spent a lot for cables and stuff already. I am seriously tired at this point. 

Please, anyone? 

9 minutes ago, Antonismastro34 said:

Hey everyone.

My specs:
- AMD 5 Ryzen 2600
- NVIDIA GTX 1050 2gb
- AsRock B450 Pro4.

So, I finished building my PC today and I was about to boot it. 

First attempted failed. I realised my monitor had only a VGA cable while 1050 has only HDMI and DVI-D.

I bought a passive DVI-D to VGA adapter, same thing. "Check Signal Cable" box on the screen and below it "Analog".

I then tried to remove one stick of ram, check if everything is in place, re-apply gpu. Same thing.

Then I bought a DVI-D cable as some suggested me. Plugged it nicely to both monitor and graphics card. Same thing. Check Signal Cable error. 

I have spent whole day trying to figure out what's wrong and I seriously have no idea. When I turn PC on CPU fan and chassis fan are working normally.

I really ask for help at this point. I don't know what's wrong and I have spent a lot for cables and stuff already. I am seriously tired at this point. 

Please, anyone? 

Did you cycle through the input options on the monitor? I have a few monitors here at work that aren't smart enough to know which connection is attached, and have to be manually switched from VGA (analogue) to DVI (digital)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

14 minutes ago, Antonismastro34 said:

passive DVI-D to VGA

There's no such thing. If it's a DVI-D to VGA adapter, it's active.

As @Radium_Angel said, try cycling manually through your monitor's inputs. Has the monitor ever worked for you, or did you buy it when you built this pc? Try using a different screen. If you can't get any screen to work, you might have a DOA card. Is the fan on the card spinning? Also, did you make sure every power cable is connected correctly, specifically your graphics card's 6 or 8pin connector (if it has one)?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*