Black Friday/Cyber Monday Newbie

Incredaboy59

My question goes out to those who have purchased things on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

So my very 1st build ever I will be donating to my younger brother and I will be building myself a new pure gaming PC from scratch.

Just wondering for those who have purchased before if they have any tips when purchasing

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Incredaboy59 said:

Just wondering for those who have purchased before if they have any tips when purchasing

Don't trust the sticker; vendors very, very often just slap a "ON SALE!!!111oneoneeleven" sticker there without actually dropping the price at all. Some vendors actually raise the prices just a day or two before the sales so they can legally slap a "-25% OFF!" - sticker there, all without running foul of false-advertising laws.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Couple of things, if it's your first build get a full tower or at least a bigger case, it really makes things more comfortable when building.
Get a mini screwdrivers toolkit, and a big one with changable drivers cause those tiny ones won't be big enough for the case screws lol.
Do some research on how much thermal paste to use... theres a lot of opinions out there...less is more IMO.

With black friday make sure to check out all the parts in a wishlist on amazon, or newegg or whatever site some weeks before.

Google shopping can track price raises or lowers too.

In Black Friday prices can actually be raised even though items are on sale. People just buy thinking it is cheaper, when in fact sometimes it is not.

GG

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

Don't trust the sticker; vendors very, very often just slap a "ON SALE!!!111oneoneeleven" sticker there without actually dropping the price at all. Some vendors actually raise the prices just a day or two before the sales so they can legally slap a "-25% OFF!" - sticker there, all without running foul of false-advertising laws.

This.

A good place to start would be PCPartPicker, check for the part you saw on sale and look at the price history (all the way at the bottom of the item page). I remember a few years ago where I bought an SSD from BestBuy for cheaper than the BF advertised "doorbuster" deal. (I think it was advertised for $75 but I got it for $73).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

If it looks too good to be true, it's probably too good to be true. You can also look for good deals on craigslist. Put together a build on Pcpartpicker so everything stays organized.