should i get a lian li o11 air

im planning on building a system with the new 9900k and 2080ti ,  i decided on a 360mm aio for the 9900k (and decided to keep the gpu on air) and went looking for a case which supports a top 360 rad and this case seemed perfect.

i looked at A LOT of cases but this one was both small compared to others and seemed like it has the best airflow. (especially if i add in some more fans than stock...)

my questions are

1. if anyone built in one, how easy is it to build in it? (since it's a pretty small case and the psu is weirdly positioned)
  2. is there any other direct competitor to this case from other manufacturers? (seems like there are a lot of cases that have similar specs but only support a 280 at the top)
  3. the main problem with the case are the restricting dust filters, is there a way i could replace them? (even with something that won't fit perfectly)

I don't know a lot about this case but if you're doing a liquid cooled CPU and a blower style card you should be good although this case doesn't look like it has good air flow 

13 hours ago, antimatterdynamite said:

im planning on building a system with the new 9900k and 2080ti ,  i decided on a 360mm aio for the 9900k (and decided to keep the gpu on air) and went looking for a case which supports a top 360 rad and this case seemed perfect.

i looked at A LOT of cases but this one was both small compared to others and seemed like it has the best airflow. (especially if i add in some more fans than stock...)

my questions are

1. if anyone built in one, how easy is it to build in it? (since it's a pretty small case and the psu is weirdly positioned)
  2. is there any other direct competitor to this case from other manufacturers? (seems like there are a lot of cases that have similar specs but only support a 280 at the top)
  3. the main problem with the case are the restricting dust filters, is there a way i could replace them? (even with something that won't fit perfectly)

The build experience is almost exactly the same as the Lian Li PC-O11D, which is a VERY popular case and many people have reported that it's easy to build in.

AS you mentioned, the dust filter is definitely a bottleneck and makes it perform actually worse than the Dynamic version. Personally I would recommend the Dynamic version over the Air, or you could get magnetic filters from Silverstone (who makes good filters) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

35 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The build experience is almost exactly the same as the Lian Li PC-O11D, which is a VERY popular case and many people have reported that it's easy to build in.

AS you mentioned, the dust filter is definitely a bottleneck and makes it perform actually worse than the Dynamic version. Personally I would recommend the Dynamic version over the Air, or you could get magnetic filters from Silverstone (who makes good filters) 

well if the dynamic comes with no filters i'd still want to get dust filters (just by considering the dust build up in my current case) , thank you for the standalone filter suggestion though i think will go with the air and just replace the front filter (which would increase the cost but i think it's worth it) 

4 hours ago, antimatterdynamite said:

well if the dynamic comes with no filters i'd still want to get dust filters (just by considering the dust build up in my current case) , thank you for the standalone filter suggestion though i think will go with the air and just replace the front filter (which would increase the cost but i think it's worth it) 

The Dynamic does come with dust filters, though I"m not sure if theyre the same filters or not. They dont look like it

Image result for pc-o11D dust filters

For best airflow, the Air with different dust filters would be best

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25