New SSD for Razer Blade 15

SupaTech

Hi all

Because I live in New Zealand and Razer laptops aren't available in NZ, I had to go for a 256 gb Razer Blade 15 and its completely maxed and I still have games that I want to download. So, I am getting a new SSD (Samsung 970 Pro 512 gb) but I don't know how easily I will be able to transfer all of the files and whether I will need to reinstall Windows 10. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, SupaTech said:

Hi all

Because I live in New Zealand and Razer laptops aren't available in NZ, I had to go for a 256 gb Razer Blade 15 and its completely maxed and I still have games that I want to download. So, I am getting a new SSD (Samsung 970 Pro 512 gb) but I don't know how easily I will be able to transfer all of the files and whether I will need to reinstall Windows 10. 

Thanks in advance. 

The Razer Blade only comes with 1 storage drive right?

that means if you swap it out your OS is gone too.

if you have a Microsoft account linked to your blade the Windows Key is attached to your account so reinstalling Windows will not need a new key.

when you have installed you OS anew, you can use a M.2 To USB converter to copy your files later as you cannot connect both at the same time unless the blade has a 2nd connector.

Then you can just add the second disk, install windows on that one ( windows cannot simply be copied while its running of course).

Or use 3rd party bootable software like Acronis to copy your windows over.

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...