laptop speakers not working

Shyam Ganapathy

so I have a dell inspiron 15r and its speakers were working until I broke off part of headphone jack into the jack. then my speakers stopped working. I assumed they just broke and moved on. but then later on just in the bios it started to make beeps. so it does work. but it dosent work in anything else. how do I fix this?

Well, it may be an internal motherboard speaker that is working and not your actually computer speakers. I would recommend if you want, just buying the part online and replacing your speakers yourself. Its really not as difficult as you might think, just lots of screws to manage.

Edit: Heck, it might just be the audio chip inside and the speakers themselves are just fine, would cost less likely unless you have to buy it as a unit. If the audio section is on the MB itself, then probably not worth it, get a USB audio controller or buy a new laptop.

3 hours ago, Kiyometa said:

Well, it may be an internal motherboard speaker that is working and not your actually computer speakers. I would recommend if you want, just buying the part online and replacing your speakers yourself. Its really not as difficult as you might think, just lots of screws to manage.

Edit: Heck, it might just be the audio chip inside and the speakers themselves are just fine, would cost less likely unless you have to buy it as a unit. If the audio section is on the MB itself, then probably not worth it, get a USB audio controller or buy a new laptop.

building a new pc in a month and chucking this out, then buying a new laptop over the summer. dont think its worth it. thanks tho.

1 hour ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

building a new pc in a month and chucking this out, then buying a new laptop over the summer. dont think its worth it. thanks tho.

No problem, I like to tinker so I wouldn't mind the project. Plus I usually give me old stuff to friends or family when I'm done with it. My sister is very fond of getting my old equipment.