Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is this pc build good?

Premoz1
 Share

So I am going to prob change the case but should I get 16gb ram or is it balanced with only 8gb? And should I change to rx580? So basically if anyone is interested in helping me is to go through any part and say if I should change it. But if you got nothing to say just dont say about the part. But especially I want to hear about the ram and mobo. Thanks. And btw this pc is for 144hz 1080p gaming

 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/kct8yX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Premoz1 said:

So I am going to prob change the case but should I get 16gb ram or is it balanced with only 8gb? And should I change to rx580? So basically if anyone is interested in helping me is to go through any part and say if I should change it. But if you got nothing to say just dont say about the part. But especially I want to hear about the ram and mobo. Thanks. And btw this pc is for 144hz 1080p gaming

uhhhhh.. list please?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The PSU is expensive, I made a similar build with a Corsair cx550m so you could easily spend half of what you are on the power supply. Other than that, solid. Finding a used graphics card on eBay is ideal in my opinion so I recommend it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

if i were you i would buy a GTX 1060 ( i have been told this a lot) a 3gb can be as little as $150 or so.. and it is better than the 570 (as i have been told) other than that the motherboard (should) be a B450 board unoess you are going to update the bios

 

edit: if the ssd is for booting the OS, 120gb is enough, you do not need 240

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

For a minimal difference you can switch out the cpu to a 2600 and the motherboard to a 450. You would gain better boost and overclocks which would result in higher fps in games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I would do. The rx 580 can be had for cheaper than the rx 570 you picked so it's a no brainer to pick it instead. The 2600 is basically the same price as the 1600 but is a good deal better as well. I also uped the ram to 16 because I think 8gb is getting all used up in some demanding games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZKmkRJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZKmkRJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  (€164.90 @ Alternate)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€94.44 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€134.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€49.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 580 8GB GTS XXX ED Video Card  (€237.99 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€42.90 @ Caseking)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€65.76 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €790.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-25 21:53 CEST+0200

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  (€164.90 @ Alternate) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€83.80 @ Alza) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€77.89 @ Alternate) 
Storage: Patriot - Burst 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€21.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€38.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 8GB Gaming 8G Video Card  (€217.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€42.90 @ Caseking) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€84.90 @ Caseking) 
Total: €733.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-25 22:14 CEST+0200

 

Here you go, this is what you should be getting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch out for cachless SSDs. Get an EVO instead.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  (€164.90 @ Alternate) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€83.80 @ Alza) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€77.89 @ Alternate) 
Storage: Patriot - Burst 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€21.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€38.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 8GB Gaming 8G Video Card  (€217.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€42.90 @ Caseking) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€84.90 @ Caseking) 
Total: €733.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-25 22:14 CEST+0200

 

Here you go, this is what you should be getting

Good looking build but I got few things to say. I need 250gb ssd, for games and I dont need hard drive. If I need one Imma just buy it later. And would 16gb ram be good? And one thing more, why is that gpu so cheap? I havent been watching pc components lately and last time I checked the sapphire rx 580 8gb was 300€ but that one is 100€ cheaper. Have the prices dropped so much or why is it so cheap compared to other rx580 products? And is there really any difference between my psu and your one? @MandoPanda @AngryBeaver @Brooksie359 @iLostMyXbox21

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

Good looking build but I got few things to say. I need 250gb ssd, for games and I dont need hard drive. If I need one Imma just buy it later. And would 16gb ram be good? And one thing more, why is that gpu so cheap? I havent been watching pc components lately and last time I checked the sapphire rx 580 8gb was 300€ but that one is 100€ cheaper. Have the prices dropped so much or why is it so cheap compared to other rx580 products? And is there really any difference between my psu and your one? @MandoPanda @AngryBeaver @Brooksie359 @iLostMyXbox21

yeah, the mining craze is pretty much over (as far as i have heard)... so the GPU prices are coming back down because now people are not buying 10-20 at a time, now you can buy newer cards for 100-300$ cheaper (if you do some deal hunting)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

yeah, the mining craze is pretty much over (as far as i have heard)... so the GPU prices are coming back down because now people are not buying 10-20 at a time, now you can buy newer cards for 100-300$ cheaper (if you do some deal hunting)

Yea but if we compare that XFX to sapphire is there really difference in perfomance? Because there is a lot price difference

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

Yea but if we compare that XFX to sapphire is there really difference in perfomance? Because there is a lot price difference

i know nothing of XFX, but i suggest looking up benchmarks for whatever games you want... watch about 3 or 4 and then you should have an understanding... also searching

”card 1 vs card 2” replacing “card x” with the name of the gpu, and it should show which is better for price

 

edit: nevermind, i do know od XFX, my mind isnt working today ?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Premoz1 said:

Good looking build but I got few things to say. I need 250gb ssd, for games and I dont need hard drive. If I need one Imma just buy it later. And would 16gb ram be good? And one thing more, why is that gpu so cheap? I havent been watching pc components lately and last time I checked the sapphire rx 580 8gb was 300€ but that one is 100€ cheaper. Have the prices dropped so much or why is it so cheap compared to other rx580 products? And is there really any difference between my psu and your one?

Rx 580 has dropped massivly since the summer. Its nolonger a mining graze and thats why its chea.

 

PSU is just as good. This one is just cheaper. 

 

8GB of Ram is fine for now.

 

Also 250GB of storage doesnt last long at all. I highly recommend just getting a cheap bootdrive and a mass storage hdd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Rx 580 has dropped massivly since the summer. Its nolonger a mining graze and thats why its chea.

 

PSU is just as good. This one is just cheaper. 

 

8GB of Ram is fine for now.

 

Also 250GB of storage doesnt last long at all. I highly recommend just getting a cheap bootdrive and a mass storage hdd.

Ok so if I get 2 sticks of 4gb ram and upgrade it later and buy 1 8gb stick, does it work like that? And I am going to boot my win 10 on that ssd and download some games on it, I dont play a lot different games so I dont need that much space.. And I want my games to boot up fast so I dont want hdd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Premoz1 said:

Yea but if we compare that XFX to sapphire is there really difference in perfomance? Because there is a lot price difference

They both are using the same gpu so the performance will be similar. The nitro is a good rx 580 but it is still the same gpu and won't preform better in any noticeable way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Premoz1 said:

Yea but if we compare that XFX to sapphire is there really difference in perfomance? Because there is a lot price difference

They are the same gpu so performance will be similar. You want see any significant performance difference so the XFX is a much better deal and is why I picked it. Also XFX and sapphire and both know for making good AMD cards which is why i picked the XFX one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

Ok so if I get 2 sticks of 4gb ram and upgrade it later and buy 1 8gb stick, does it work like that? And I am going to boot my win 10 on that ssd and download some games on it, I dont play a lot different games so I dont need that much space.. And I want my games to boot up fast so I dont want hdd

I prefer to have 16 for certain games like battlefield but 8 is fine for the most part. If you did get 2x4gb which is what you should get if you are going for 8gb then later I would add another 2x4gb of the same kit as the first 2x4gb you got. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

Ok so if I get 2 sticks of 4gb ram and upgrade it later and buy 1 8gb stick, does it work like that? And I am going to boot my win 10 on that ssd and download some games on it, I dont play a lot different games so I dont need that much space.. And I want my games to boot up fast so I dont want hdd

no, you will need to get another 2 sticks of 4 GB with the same spec. otherwise you will loose about 5% performacne due to the Ram running in singel channel. 

 

load times on games arent that much different. i currently have a 250GB SSD and i will say it doesnt last long at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

no, you will need to get another 2 sticks of 4 GB with the same spec. otherwise you will loose about 5% performacne due to the Ram running in singel channel. 

 

load times on games arent that much different. i currently have a 250GB SSD and i will say it doesnt last long at all

But there is a lot of seconds difference between HDD and ssd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

But there is a lot of seconds difference between HDD and ssd

seconds you honestly wont notice. i moved from m.2 SSD over to HDD due to space issues and i honestly havent felt the difference

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

seconds you honestly wont notice. i moved from m.2 SSD over to HDD due to space issues and i honestly havent felt the difference

So should I get 1tb hdd and 128gb ssd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Premoz1 said:

So should I get 1tb hdd and 128gb ssd

pretty much. its a whole lot nice not having to buy a secondary drive later on and to not have to delete games as often

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

But there is a lot of seconds difference between HDD and ssd

There are also Hybrid drives, but the results vary with them when not using them as the boot drive, but I do still think they improve load times on frequently used programs. It is basically a HDD with a 8-16gb ssd on it that cache's commonly accessed items to cut down on load/seek times. They can perform similar to an ssd in a lot of cases, but they will still have the read/write limits of an HDD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×