Dark rock pro 3 replace FANS

gear69

I would really like to try and replace stock fans of dark rock pro 3 with NF-F12 or NF-A1 but i'm not sure if they will fit and i'm not understanding the size <.< 
Any help?

The fans are 135mm wide. You might be able to use brackets from other towers or trippier 'linus style methods' but i mostly wonder why you would do that. The included Silent wings are superb fans and replacing them with NF-F12 (which are a bit better on paper) is just a huge wast considering the little gain and the fortune spend on the new fans (non cinluding mounting difficulties).

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

simply because after 3 years of service they are starting to make "noise"

The fans use standard 120mm mounting holes. The only problem with using other fans is that the clips are designed for the included SW3's with the mounting holes at the center of the fan frame instead of the front or back of the frame which is the norm for case fans. 

With some pliers, you might be able to bend the clips to fit mounting holes that are further forward so case fans with 120mm mounting holes would work. The NF-A12x25 is probably the best if cost isn't an issue. If you'd like some cheaper alternatives, tell us where you're shopping / located and your budget. 

Spoiler

be-quiet-Dark-Rock-Pro-3-1.jpg

Noctua-NH-D15-vs-Raijintek-Themis-side.j

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.