Wanting To (Possibly) Sell My Old HP "Gaming" System

Volework

So I'm looking at building a new PC for Christmas / my birthday (about 2 months after Christmas), and I'm thinking that I could live without my main gaming system for a while as I get the new components together. Problem is, I'm not quite sure how much I should sell my current build for... So I've come to you guys, the "Internet Professionals!"

Here it is:

- This is all housed in an HP Compaq case, so there are some things I'm not sure on the identity of.
- i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz, Turbo @ 3.8GHz (if I'm not mistaken). LGA 1155 / Sandy Bridge, 4C/8T

- 4 x 4GB DDR3-1333 RAM

- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" HDD
- Samsung 970 EVO (I think, somewhere in that series) 250GB SSD, using as boot drive

- Windows 10 Home 64 Bit I think? Not sure how to check on that

- MSI TWIN FROZR 750 Ti 2GB, Factory OC

- Unknown 300W PSU and Mobo

One thing I should mention is that I have a new motherboard that you could put in if you got a new PSU along with it, so you have some room for expansion.

Thank you guys in advance!

Most of the components won't sell for much. the 970 evo is probably the most valuable component you have/you may want to keep that for your next build

keep your ssd and hdd. sell the other stuff but don't expect too high of a bid. Also take your windows licence with you. But i'm not familiar with the used market in the us

eBay/whatever is well known in your country is a good bet. 

I sold a few old components from my build on eBay for not to bad of a loss, and its quick to see what others are selling parts for and price around there. Set a 3 day limit for bidding so that you can shift things quicker and get paid quicker to start reinvesting 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

Here's my two cents:

You have a few options here:

First: Pull your Samsung Evo out of your system and sell the lot for roughly $250 - $300 on Craigslist, OfferUp and etc, (Assuming you're based in the US), It's a pretty outdated system and It will be hard to move, but I'm sure someone somewhere

has a limited budget and just wants to run some E-Sports Title.

Second: If you have the patience, do a complete part-out of the system and sell it individually on Ebay (Just match prices or undercut what's listed). This should give you the most bang for your buck especially if you have a  proprietary MOBO that's specifically from that manufacturer. I've seen cases where someone is looking for that specific MOBO for some reason.Once again though, Pull your SSD out of there lol.

Third: Since it is outdated and pretty old, consider donating it to a charity, individually look up the prices for each part and when tax season comes around file it as under "Charitable Donation" and base the value around how much each individual part is. (Depending on what taxable income you make yearly)

*Disclosure: I am in no way a tax expert, anything that you decide to do should be provided by your own research, This is just something I've done every two years and I get a nice write-off out of it.*

Fourth: Give it to someone that wants to start playing PC games lol.