Where to sell a WD HDD?

iLostMyXbox21
1 minute ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

I just put cash on pre-paid gift cards and use that. You just put how much you need so if you buy something and someone gets the card numbers, theirs nothing there.

lol i forgot you could do that XD, i remember i did that when i bought my google play developer account

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Also it's impossible to erase the files from a HDD until it's written all over at least once...even if you format it there are still ways to get what was on it...so im not selling it :)

i mean.. whats the worse that could be put on a hard drive? loli- FBI

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

i plan to push my pictures and music files on it and store it in the closet...if something goes horribly wrong that's one extra copy of my stuff :)

good idea

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

i plan to push my pictures and music files on it and store it in the closet...if something goes horribly wrong that's one extra copy of my stuff :)

There you go.

2 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I think that eBay would be a good place to sell the hard drive or if you can not have an account there then I would recommend using another service such as "letgo" which you can get signed into with an email address or Google account. I would include a screenshot from Western Digital's Data Lifeguard software utility for the condition of this drive as it would show to the potential buyer the condition of the drive which may make the cost that you are asking for more reasonable.

okay.. and how can i wipe it? i do not have a pc to plug it into

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Also it's impossible to erase the files from a HDD until it's written all over at least once...even if you format it there are still ways to get what was on it...so im not selling it :)

I would recommend using McAfee's data shredder software in order to securely delete digital data on a hard drive or solid state drive as it is very effective in ensuring that the data on the drive is destroyed well past the point of recovery easily. When a file is erased from a computer, usually it goes into another folder or the place markers for the data go away and it allows for that space originally taken up to be written to again by the operating system.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Do you have a PC or laptop at all?

Just now, Boomwebsearch said:

I would recommend using McAfee's data shredder software in order to securely delete digital data on a hard drive or solid state drive as it is very effective in ensuring that the data on the drive is destroyed well past the point of recovery easily. When a file is erased from a computer, usually it goes into another folder or the place markers for the data go away and it allows for that space originally taken up to be written to again by the operating system.

Aviod McAfee at all cost.

Just now, LukeTheCoder05 said:

heres a vid by good youtuber. 

1 minute ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Do you have a PC or laptop at all?

i have a laptop... but no SATA cables or whatever i need to connect it

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Maybe purchase a external dock which automatically erases files when you connect a hard drive? If you know that there is sensitive data it is better to be safe than sorry and get an actual system connected to is to validate complete as possible erase of the data originally on the drive. I would recommend using McAfee's secure shredder software tool for securely deleting data.

@Boomwebsearch 

i have a laptop... but no SATA cables or whatever i need to connect it

Get a external hard drive adapter. Theres one that plugs into the drive and a power supply and it plugs into USB.

24 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i dont think i can go THAT low lol... maybe $15.. i just need $50 and i have $40

well if we are going lower why tf don’t i just pay YOU $40 to buy it?

sounds good, I'll PM you my address

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

10 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Get a external hard drive adapter. Theres one that plugs into the drive and a power supply and it plugs into USB.

i mean... if i buy an adapter and it will plug into my laptop i will just keep it lol.. i only have 500gb and as a youtuber, that fills up fast ?

i mean... if i buy an adapter and it will plug into my laptop i will just keep it lol.. i only have 500gb and as a youtuber, that fills up fast ?

Then Send it!

5 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Then Send it!

send what!?

33 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:
34 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

heres a vid by good youtuber. 

@LukeTheCoder05

I still don't understand why the history of McAfee should cause you to not want to buy their program. Their management was later changed to Intel which is a reputable brand and I do not think that they would be able to be untrustworthy when it comes to computer security solutions. I know that the program costs money to buy and install usually although if you have a Spectrum standard internet plan it is included for free for as many devices as you want.

@Boomwebsearch 

1 hour ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Kijiji, craigslist, etc

You forgot the news paper, or community cork boards, community newspapers, pawn shops, thrift markets where you just walk around with a sign on your chest and back, it is a thing in England.

35 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Dude im younger than that and i buy crap off of newegg all the time! i would just keep it until you get computer or get a enclosure if you get a laptop.

Craigslist and Newegg are different things.

hi.

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Craigslist and Newegg are different things.

Nope, they both sell stuff, even new stuff on craigslist, newegg also sells used stuff.

Why not sell it here? LTT has a for sale section. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

34 minutes ago, Lord Xeb said:

Why not sell it here? LTT has a for sale section

Yes

After you clock in 100 posts

Then there are more hoops to jump through, like some sort of thing you have to join in order to sell, its just odd.

2 hours ago, Lord Xeb said:

Why not sell it here? LTT has a for sale section. 

Shipping over countries is going to cost more than the drive itself.

hi.

Ah okay I see. Yeah, throw the sucker on craigslist or ebay or something. Should sell. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD