Specs for photo editing PC

Hey all -

I'm getting into photo editing/amateur photography and was wondering if I need a beefy PC to run photo editing apps like Adobe lightroom and applications as such. I've got some 2nd gen i5s laying around and 8GB RAM, would that suffice?

I think that's fine for photo editing. I don't believe photo editing requires very powerfull hardware at all.

Edit: many photo editors actually do their work on laptops (like those thermal-throttling bastards known as macbooks) so you should be totally fine.

Those parts will probably do fine. Since you said the i5's are 2nd gen I'm gonna assume you have ddr3 ram, so if you want more ram it shouldn't be that expensive to get another 8gb. Also, make sure you have a good monitor that is color accurate for the pic editing

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

On 10/21/2018 at 3:48 PM, mxk. said:

Those parts will probably do fine. Since you said the i5's are 2nd gen I'm gonna assume you have ddr3 ram, so if you want more ram it shouldn't be that expensive to get another 8gb. Also, make sure you have a good monitor that is color accurate for the pic editing

Ok, I think another 8GB would be ok. This is an unrelated question, where did you get your profile picture? It's really cool.

2 hours ago, TheGermanEngie said:

Ok, I think another 8GB would be ok. This is an unrelated question, where did you get your profile picture? It's really cool.

Well, I wanted something instead of my old forced meme Roblox picture and I know ltt is cool and supports gif prof pics, so I looked up "gif" and eventually got to the number display pics.

This is the google search I did:

https://www.google.com/search?q=segment+display+gif&num=100&client=ms-android-huawei&hl=en&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0tN7rz5veAhWCqVQKHdQHDxoQ_AUICSgB&biw=360&bih=600&dpr=3

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu