virtualbox interface has active connections

hi, i just went to turn off my pc and it says  virtualbox interface has active connections WHEN I HAVENT EVEN INSTALLED VIRTUALBOX. Im just scared, have i been hacked????

first off you might wanna look into your task manager for anything out of the ordinary, also I am guessing you are the only one to regularly use your PC, you might also want to check in your network and setting and then go to change adapter setting to look for connections out of the ordinary. you may want to run an antivirus software, and update windows

nothing out the ordinary, checked all processes and adapters, just my ethernet

4 minutes ago, barondeau said:

first off you might wanna look into your task manager for anything out of the ordinary, also I am guessing you are the only one to regularly use your PC, you might also want to check in your network and setting and then go to change adapter setting to look for connections out of the ordinary.

ive also disabled my wlan card

1 minute ago, barondeau said:

Have you been running antivirus, and keeping Windows up to date?

yep scanned 3 times and no virus but have not updated due to linus' video, windows update deleting files

Did you get the OS that you are using from someone else on the internet, from intel, or did you make an ISO your self. Also like many things cybersecurity is all about measuring risk, is it better to not update windows or risk getting exploited, and the management of it.

i got it from the original win 10 download site and made a widows install usb using their software, and i will attempt to update...

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

AFAIK Virtualbox is used for some retro PC emulators.  Some legit programs also use it to sandbox their processes.

could it be used in bluestacks or tencent gaming buddy (android emulators)?

Well, theres my answer, thank you, false alarm, just my bluestacks, since i use it to play pubg mobile..