Flash Drive Works on PC but not on TV?

Jonshinki

hello. i was using my flash drive before to watch movies on our t.v now it wont detect the movies or the flash drive. but when i plugged on my computer it can detect it. i dont know why it doesnt work on my TV, i used my flash drive before to create a windows media creator tool then used rufus to convert. after i finished install the win10 to my pc. i did format the usb. and put back the movies. now i plugged on our television, now it doesnt work any ideas? anyways its FAT32

4 minutes ago, Jonshinki said:

hello. i was using my flash drive before to watch movies on our t.v now it wont detect the movies or the flash drive. but when i plugged on my computer it can detect it. i dont know why it doesnt work on my TV, i used my flash drive before to create a windows media creator tool then used rufus to convert. after i finished install the win10 to my pc. i did format the usb. and put back the movies. now i plugged on our television, now it doesnt work any ideas? anyways its FAT32

...there could be a multitude of reasons for this, it could be that your TV's USB port is failing, that the drive is dying, it failed to format properly, or a multitude of other issues. Do you have a Bluray player?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

...there could be a multitude of reasons for this, it could be that your TV's USB port is failing, that the drive is dying, it failed to format properly, or a multitude of other issues. Do you have a Bluray player?

i tried my other flash drive it works. only the other one that i made a windows 10 installer. is failing to detect on our t.v, but on computer it works

Just now, Jonshinki said:

i tried my other flash drive it works. only the other one that i made a windows 10 installer. is failing to detect on our t.v, but on computer it works

Try reformatting it... again.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Try reformatting it... again.

okay ill try when i get back home thanks!

2 minutes ago, Jonshinki said:

okay ill try when i get back home thanks!

Your welcome, I hope that this is the issue as it is easy to fix.

before using it as a windows installer, does the flash drive formatted as FAT32? try other formats such as eXFAT and NTFS