NVIDIA’s CES Press Event Sum-Up!

PillowSmoke

After watching the Nvidia Ces Press Event, it was quite interesting. They began talking about how G-sync's technology will change the way of how games are presented and look(Edit they will have NO RAG!!!!). They showed this kind of technology in games like StarCraft 2, where without G-Sync it made the visuals of the game utterly ugly and with vertical movement. They had done this demo with some of the best and professional StarCraft 2 players in the world. Where one of them and I quote said "F*cking Awesome!".They next began to move on to talk about how the way games are made through DX9, and how long it took for it to arrive to consoles and improve the gaming visuals. From their they explained that in that time frame was considered as a leap in technology, but had taken way....... to long. So after talking about that they moved on to talking about how in 2012 DX11.1 came out and a year later the "Next Gen" consoles had came out. He then began to talk about this new mobile gpu called "Tegra K1" which is composed of 192 gpu cores. That with this mobile gpu it will tie in and allow game developers to create games for all of the gaming platforms to be much easier, and visually appealing. From that point on they started talking about the K1 would be implemented into graphics designing with the lighting, physics, and photo realism. As well as in cars, for assisted driving, possibly autopilot, enhanced safety, and dashboard technology. The last topic he was talking about was somewhat of a troll kinda of creating crop circles in someplace which drive people crazy, stopping in the middle of the road to see, helicopters flying to the location to have a news talk about.  Yep my rough memory of how the event was, keep in mind that most of this stuff, I had recalled from my memory so certain things might not be 100% correct in terms of specifics.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

NO RAG!!!

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

GSync monitors have no rag.

I swear that's gonna be a meme now.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I think this was a pretty awesome reveal despite the lack of maxwell. Even though the tesla k1 is not on the same level as pc gpu's it is simply outstanding what they where able to do with so little power.

NO RAG!!!

please stop spamming

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

NO RAG!!!

Care to explain? 6 or 7th post I see for there being no rag and I am a bit confused ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Care to explain? 6 or 7th post I see for there being no rag and I am a bit confused ;)

twitch chat. that is all

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Some asian starcraft players where trying out g-sync, when asked if there was lag he responded "no rag".

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

A Korean master who plays Starcraft came to the conclusion that G-Sync has "no rag".

Edit: Ninja'd

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI Z97 G55 SLI | RAM: Crucial Low Profile Dual Channel 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: XFX 6950 2GB (Crossfire) | Case: Rosewill Blackhawk | HDD 1, 2 & Ext. HDD: WD 1TB, Seagate 1TB, 2TB Seagate External | PSU: EVGA 850W 80+Gold | Fans: One Blue LED Rosewill 140 mm fan, Two Blue LED Rosewill 120 mm fans, One Cooler Master 120mm Green LED Case Fan with Rosewill Fan Filter | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler | Keyboard: Corsair RGB K70 MX Browns | Mouse: Corsair RGB M65 [black] | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Display: HP x20 LED | Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms | DAC:  Fiio E10 | Microphone: Blue Snowball (iCE) | Speakers: Logitech z313

twitch chat. that is all

Some asian starcraft players where trying out g-sync, when asked if there was lag he responded "no rag".

A Korean master who plays Starcraft came to the conclusion that G-Sync has "no rag".

Edit: Ninja'd

Ahh :) Sounds kinda strange, but oh well ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Make that meme then. 

EDIT: NVM I just did.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

No Maxwell?

tumblr_lzb9uyfa4o1qj4vs2o1_500.gif

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

BOOM! 2901368.jpg

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

BOOM! 2901368.jpg

that play button is very frustrating

The conference was boring. I'm happy I didn't continue watching after the first hour. What a waste... I could have used that time to sleep more. Last year's conference was superior in every way delivering great hardware and software announcements

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

They didn't really say anything.

They showed off nVidia SHIELD and how you can stream a game from a server farm 6000 miles away. I find it hard to buy that you only get 30ms latency wirelessly to a server the other side of the Atlantic. They forgot to mention how much bandwidth is required for this to work, as it cannot wait ten seconds to buffer.

It could have been the stream quality, but I found it very hard to tell the difference between with G-Sync and without. Equally, I found it hard to distinguish between V-Sync on and off.

Then there were a load of meaningless graphs without labelled axes, which means you can't trust anything on them. Could have been 1% difference of 100%, impossible to tell.

Then they showed off some rendering of a new UE4 demo on their new mobile phone/tablet CPU/SoC, which was stuttery as hell, and totally pointless. Mainly because it is nigh-on impossible to play a 3D first person game on a touch screen device.

Then I got bored and went to bed.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

They didn't really say anything.

They showed off nVidia SHIELD and how you can stream a game from a server farm 6000 miles away. I find it hard to buy that you only get 30ms latency wirelessly to a server the other side of the Atlantic. They forgot to mention how much bandwidth is required for this to work, as it cannot wait ten seconds to buffer.

It could have been the stream quality, but I found it very hard to tell the difference between with G-Sync and without. Equally, I found it hard to distinguish between V-Sync on and off

Remember that your watching something being recorded at a fixed frame rate - streamed on the Twitch player, while you watch on your fixed refresh rate monitor. Of course it's going to be difficult to see a difference. These are things you need to see in person. 

Remember that your watching something being recorded at a fixed frame rate - streamed on the Twitch player, while you watch on your fixed refresh rate monitor. Of course it's going to be difficult to see a difference. These are things you need to see in person. 

I should have been able to see the screen tearing though.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II