New RAM and now it turns on and nothing happens

ShadyInvictus

I just got some Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8 GB 3000Mhz Sticks for my ryzen 5 1600x on the MSI B350 Pro-VDH

and it worked fine with my Crucial Ballistix LT 2x4GB 2400Mhz Kit 

When i Turn it on, every fan and the rgb on the ram is on , but usb devices wont turn on and the Monitor stays Black 

the CPU on the Ez Debug LED Lights for a Second After turning on and then ist turns off

so what is the Problem ? 

Thanks in advance 

Ram is probably incompatible with the motherboard.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Maybe first turn off every X.M.P. profiles in BIOS, set everything related to RAM to default and try then.

did you try placing the NEW ram where your old ram is? @fasauceomecould be correct. 

Try it and get back to us. 

5 minutes ago, ShadyInvictus said:

I just got some Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8 GB 3000Mhz Sticks for my ryzen 5 1600x on the MSI B350 Pro-VDH

and it worked fine with my Crucial Ballistix LT 2x4GB 2400Mhz Kit 

When i Turn it on, every fan and the rgb on the ram is on , but usb devices wont turn on and the Monitor stays Black 

the CPU on the Ez Debug LED Lights for a Second After turning on and then ist turns off

so what is the Problem ? 

Thanks in advance 

Is there a led on your mother board thats on and the word by it is DRAM?

9 minutes ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

Is there a led on your mother board thats on and the word by it is DRAM?

Yeah but its blinking on CPU a few times and then the leds turn off

Yeah,

14 minutes ago, DVA said:

did you try placing the NEW ram where your old ram is? @fasauceomecould be correct. 

Try it and get back to us. 

Yeah, and on the manual it says 2100-2667 and the others clocks Till 3200 ti says (oc) at the end 

18 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Maybe first turn off every X.M.P. profiles in BIOS, set everything related to RAM to default and try then.

I cant even enter the bios 

56 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Ram is probably incompatible with the motherboard.

AMD boards/CPUs have never really been picky about RAM in my experience. If the RAM is faster than your hardware supports, it will just run at a reduced speed. Intel used to have some compatibility issues with certain brands and such but I'm not sure if this is still the case or not.

Home desktop: AMD FX-6350 CPU, AMD 7950 GPU, 12GB DDR3 RAM, 2x250GB SSD (RAID 0) for main drive, 1TB HDD for extra storage, Windows 10

Work desktop: Intel Q8400 core 2 quad CPU, Nvidia GeForce 8400GS Rev 2 GPU, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB SSD for main drive, 250GB HDD for extra storage, Linux Mint 18.3

Personal Laptop: Lenovo W540; bought a used workstation laptop on eBay that just needed a hard drive for half of what they were going for in working order at the time. Intel i7 vPro, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB SSD

45 minutes ago, ShadyInvictus said:

OK BOIS 

clearing the CMOS fixed it, shouldve tried it earlier, thanks for your time though ❤️ 

Of course I was thinking about entering BIOS using old memory, disable all improvements (set everything to auto), save and restart then with new memory. But your method is the same good if you have no complex BIOS configuration.