I just installed the EVGA Z370 Micro into my rig and from a hardware standpoint everyhting is great, all my stuff installed right first go, all the drives are recognised, ram was good, etc. Then I tried booting into windows. Dispite recognising all my drives it refuses to boot past the bios, doesn't even consider it. Ive tried the Win 7 install thing and everything, Ive disabled literally every option but the boot drive, I've reset the CMOS many times, toggled the BIOS switch. Nothing seems to work. Can anyone tell me what Im doin wrong? I give up...

Edit: I've got an 8600k and as previously stated am running Win7, I've already patched it to play nice with the 8th gen processors

You might not be able to use win7 with your current BIOS. About a year ago I updated my BIOS and all of a sudden I couldn't boot into windows. Fast forward a few months and Gigabyte released a new BIOS to fix issues with win7 compatibility that the last BIOS caused. Win7 support is starting to get sketchy on newer hardware.

EVGA states that "Intel Kaby Lake-S CPUs only support Windows 10" on that board, but Skylake CPUs will support Win8 and Win7.

What CPU are you running? Any info on the rest of your setup?

i9-10900K, Asus ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming WiFi, Asus TUF RTX3080, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz CL14

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB, EVGA Supernova 850W G3, Asus Xonar DGX

Fractal Design Define C TG, Noctua NH-U14S, Asus PG279Q 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz