Need help with Headphone Purchases

A while back, I came to a conclusion that "Gaming" Headsets are a complete waste of money. I've been stuck with this Razer Kraken Virtual 7.1 headset, and even my earbuds are better than these. I mostly use this headset for gaming, discord/skype calls, and a small amount of music listening. My earbuds just recently stopped working and I'm tired of using this headset. 

I'm not really that big on FPS as much as a lot of people, I basically just play a FPS with friends once in a while. If I were to play casual games like, AC Odyssey, GTA V, RotTR, Dark Souls, etc., and would it be worth the sound leakage of the open back, or should I just go for closed back headphones? Is there also such a thing as semi-open-back headphones? I've also never had any kind of bass-y headphones so I'm not entirely sure how that is. I would also like something that has noise isolation and/or noise canceling. (I was also thinking about getting a modmic for youtube videos or just Skype calls.)

Headphones I've researched so far: 

(Closed) Sennheiser HD 598CS:
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/headphone-around-ear-home-mobile-hd-598-cs

(Closed) Audio-Technica ATH-M50x:
https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/99aff89488ddd6b1/index.html

(Open) Audio-Technica ATH-AD700x:
https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/591d1ba45202f375/index.html

(Open) Sennheiser HD 598SR:
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/headphone-home-audio-hifi-stereo-hd-598sr

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

i'm not that much into gaming either so when the time came i bought a pair of sennheiser pxc 550's and i've never looked back,they are wireless with 30 hours of battery life and they come with a cable if you want to run them wired(i've left mine permanetly plugged in at my pc) plus they have active noise cancelling so that's a huge plus

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

For sheer comfort, I’d go with the Sennheiser heaphones. I’ve been very pleased with the ones I’ve owned (built tough too). One criticism I’ve heard leveled against them is their cable lenght (~2m?!). I went the Sennheiser-Massdrop HD6xx (a clone of the HD650) that has a ~1/2m cable leading to my headphone amplifier.

That ATH-AD700X looks interesting....

@LJay24 ... indeed, a budget will help ‘the collective’ give you ideas (specify currency type, eh).

Well if based on the links you provided that your budget is indeed around $250, then instead of the 598's, I'd definitely get the Sennheiser hd58x if you don't want to use an amp and the Sennheiser hd6xx, Hifiman he4xx, AKG K7xx, Dekoni blue, Fostex t60rp(maybe), Beyerdynamic DT 770/880/990, or something of that sort. If that is your budget, then something inexpensive like a schiit fulla 2 is decent, magni 3 if you only need an amp, topping a30, objective 2 amp of some sort or massdrops sdac/o2 combo would be good add ons for better sound. Also of note is that I can enjoy my he4xx and hd58x from my computer without an amp but my hd6xx really do need an amp.