please help me with my iphone 7, i'm having big issues.

Ashleyyyy

ok so earlier today my phone turned on in my pocket and put in the code wrong a few times so my iphone locked itself. the touchscreen also stopped working so i couldn't put in the code when the timer ran out. 

i've now reset it using itunes but my touchscreen still doesn't work. 

HELP ME

She/Her

Apple care?

Apple store assistance? Not sure, Apple has a huge thing with their security and with their internals =/

I work at a uBreakiFix and deal with these a lot. It sounds like your digitizer has failed, meaning you will need a new screen. You will either have to get in contact with apple to get it replaced through them, or you will need to bring it to a cellphone repair shop.  

Sounds like it's time for a new display unit. Contact Apple or a certified repair shop. Stay away from the shady repair shops often referred to as "Telefoonturk" if you want a quality job with good quality parts.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, Docretier said:

I work at a uBreakiFix and deal with these a lot. It sounds like your digitizer has failed, meaning you will need a new screen. You will either have to get in contact with apple to get it replaced through them, or you will need to bring it to a cellphone repair shop.  

Either it has failed and would need to be replaced, or disconnect and reconnect the connectors for the screen. That may also work. 

1 hour ago, Docretier said:

1 hour ago, Docretier said:

Either it has failed and would need to be replaced, or disconnect and reconnect the connectors for the screen. That may also work. 

it magically started working after force restarting the phone a few times...

1 hour ago, DVA said:

Apple care?

Apple store assistance? Not sure, Apple has a huge thing with their security and with their internals =/

i bought it used so i have no warranty at all as far as i know. and the display is cracked anyway so they wouldn't replace it even if i had warranty as far as i'm aware. 

She/Her

If the display is cracked there is definitely a hardware problem somewhere in the pipes. Would def look into getting th display replaced. 

Unfortunatly the only only way to get a working TouchID sensor is to get it done at an AASP. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

If the display is cracked there is definitely a hardware problem somewhere in the pipes. Would def look into getting th display replaced. 

it's only a small crack at the top right of the phone, it's not completely shattered or anything...

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Unfortunatly the only only way to get a working TouchID sensor is to get it done at an AASP. 

oh really? are they called AASP's everywhere, or does the name differ per country?

She/Her