Windows 10 force shutdown pop up

Dabura

Hi. I've been having a pop up flashing prompting me to shutdown windows 10 closing any program that I have open. It all stared after watching a stream. I did a scan with both Malwarebytes and Bitdefender ;but neither of them say I have a virus or malware. The only brake I get is when I switch my pc of and turn it back on; however the pop up come back minutes or hours later.

What if you ignore it and close the pop up? Sometimes this kind of thing solves itself after weeks, or month

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Hi. I've been having a pop up flashing prompting me to shutdown windows 10 closing any program that I have open. It all stared after watching a stream. I did a scan with both Malwarebytes and Bitdefender ;but neither of them say I have a virus or malware. The only brake I get is when I switch my pc of and turn it back on; however the pop up come back minutes or hours later.

Can you screenshot your desktop when this popup appears? It will go a long way into helping us identify what it could be. You can, of course, blur out any part of your desktop that contains private information.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Yeah its just your run of the mill prompt flashing violently not allowing me to click something. But it closes any program i have running as well as making the video out put to my monitor go out after a while.

the pic.jpg

Looks like something is triggering the hotkey for this dialog. Can you remember what exactly you do when it appears, if it's based on your behavior or maybe a timed thing that is triggered at certain time/hour.

It might also be worth checking Event Viewer logs with timestamp at the time of popup appearance, it might reveal who or what triggered this event.

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Looks like something is triggering the hotkey for this dialog.

Just hitting Alt + F4 repeatedly would do this.  close all programs and make this prompt?  Yup

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

See it just happened and this the only thing that came up.

the pic2.png