Never update Windows 10 1809

Lele2006

I recently upgraded my system to Windows 10 1809, but it soon became inaccessible to the desktop. I have no choice but to reinstall the system, but my information is gone. ToTOppps.png.2e517446893ba5f2ea1acf38203b5289.png

That's because it's a ching chong version, those are unstable /s

But seriously, because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it's entirely bad. Things can always go wrong, it's Windows after all.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Well.. it is important that you read the news and be sure that your system configuration has no issue with it before force upgrading. You are taking a good Rusk by upgrading yourself.

There is a known bug where things screws up, and leads to data loss if you use. Microsoft pulled the 1809 update. It is not available.

The problem relates to Known Folder (Documents, Desktop, etc.) Relocation. You were using that feature for OneDrive backup or relocates the folders somewhere else (another drive, for example).

A fix has been made but only available for Insiders, while Microsoft monitors feedback.

Microsoft is offering free data recovery support and service if you contact support, if your personal data was affected.

It's really needed to write somewhere "first ask for help, THEN reinstall". What is a point asking or complain about data loss or other problems if first step is format/reinstall?