Best way to sell used gaming PC?

RollTime

So here's the PC I'm trying to sell:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vTwcBb
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vTwcBb/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.95 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($102.59 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z87 MPOWER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($150.00) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($119.06 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($350.00) 
Case: Cooler Master - Storm Stryker (White) ATX Full Tower Case  ($178.60 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Kingwin - Lazer 1000W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($151.53 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1371.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-07 22:39 EDT-0400

I asked about it here a while back and got a valuation of around $700-800, which seems a bit much. I tried listing it on eBay for $800, not out of any real expectation of getting a buyer, but in some kind of wild hope someone would buy it. No one did. So, with that option out of the way, what's the best way to sell this thing? Should I sell fully built, or the separate components, or some things preassembled and other separate (i.e. a motherboard/cpu combo)? What platform is best between craigslist/eBay/LTT classifieds?

And what's a good ballpark for what I can reasonably expect to get for this?

Thanks everyone!

it's time

Honestly, PCPartPicker went WAYYYY too crazy on those prices. Sellers have some notion that means they can only subtract 50-100 bucks from the thing and sell it because its old and a "novelty/collectors item" Unless it was at the start of the computer era, nothings worth much after 4 years. I'd basically half every component besides the ones that are new. 980 ti = ~200 USD, 4960k = ~150-230. Try selling it on craigslist, because thats where the cheap moms look for cheap stuff to buy kids and its local and no shipping.

Current Gaming build:

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz 15-17-17-35

Graphics Card: Geforce RTX 2080

Graphics Card Cooler: EVGA XC Ultra Gaming
Storage: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Blue
PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750W
Case: Corsair 460x Black
Case Cooling: A mix and match of fans ?
Peripherals:

Monitor: HP 27ea
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE
Mouse: Corsair Glaive Black
Headphones: Corsair HS60
Microphone: Blue Snowball Black Edition

"Gaming" Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Mid-2012 with Nvidia Geforce Now

I think, to get the most money you'd want to sell the parts separately. At least in my experience, people who don't game won't pay what that machine is worth, and gamers who would prefer to build their own, buying a used one already made takes some of the fun away. 

I'd recommend eBay, but it's also been a while since I sold things like that. Others may know of more hip alternatives. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Like Xanthe just said, you could offer the PC and say you can buy any part you need and hope they sell.

Current Gaming build:

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz 15-17-17-35

Graphics Card: Geforce RTX 2080

Graphics Card Cooler: EVGA XC Ultra Gaming
Storage: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Blue
PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750W
Case: Corsair 460x Black
Case Cooling: A mix and match of fans ?
Peripherals:

Monitor: HP 27ea
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE
Mouse: Corsair Glaive Black
Headphones: Corsair HS60
Microphone: Blue Snowball Black Edition

"Gaming" Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Mid-2012 with Nvidia Geforce Now

Sell individual parts on ebay. Ideal if you've kept your old boxes.

Only sell a full system locally if you find a buyer on craigslist or some other site like it. Otherwise shipping cost is so damn high, people won't be likely to want to pay your $800 + ridiculously high shipping fees, in the neighborhood of $100 if not higher. (remember, you're an individual, you don't get business shipping discounts)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I would part it out. Make some posts in the for sale section here on LTT. You would be surprised at how fast it will go. 

Then for the case you could do local pickup or put it on craigslist or something. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

5 minutes ago, Lord Xeb said:

I would part it out. Make some posts in the for sale section here on LTT. You would be surprised at how fast it will go. 

Then for the case you could do local pickup or put it on craigslist or something. 

Okay, thanks.

it's time

Just now, RollTime said:

Okay, thanks.

No problem. Just follow the posting guidelines :)

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Definitely part it out, because if one thing goes wrong (even something tiny) in the first couple of months the person is going to be on your ass saying you scammed them and it's all your fault wanting a full refund. whereas parts is going to be less of a financial hit if you do have to refund something

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Definitely part it out, because if one thing goes wrong (even something tiny) in the first couple of months the person is going to be on your ass saying you scammed them and it's all your fault wanting a full refund. whereas parts is going to be less of a financial hit if you do have to refund something

Or you just sell them stating they come with no warranty. Basically anything you sell on OCN, LTT, etc should be considered as-is. 

Just now, Lord Xeb said:

should be

should be yes, but if selling privately has taught me anything, it's that buyers are colossal bags of dicks

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

should be yes, but if selling privately has taught me anything, it's that buyers are colossal bags of dicks

That really hasn't been my experience. The big thing is making sure expectations are setup beforehand. That way if something goes wrong you are covered. 

Set a up an auction on eBay, it will sell.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

7 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Set a up an auction on eBay, it will sell.

For around what price, you think?

it's time