Microsoft pauses Windows 10 version 1809 rollout

Speed Weed

Windows 10 1809 poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with this Windows 10 October 2018 Update?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't use Windows OS
    • I don't know what the fook is going on

Source: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/10/06/microsoft-pauses-windows-10-version-1809-rollout/

Microsoft unveiled Windows 10 version 1809, the October 2018 Update for Windows 10 on October 2, 2018 officially.

The company published updated tools to upgrade to a new version of Windows 10 and enabled the update on Windows Update as well but only for users and administrators who clicked on the "check for updates" button manually in the Windows Update interface.

Reports started to emerge soon thereafter that, once again, updates were not processing as smoothly as possible for some users. User reports suggested that personal files were deleted on some machines and that there were a number of issues next to that.

Microsoft itself blocked updates for devices with certain hardware or software configurations outright as these configurations were known to have issues with the new version of Windows 10.

The company posted an update on the official Windows 10 version 1809 support page on the Microsoft website on October 5, 2018. There it revealed that it decided to pause the roll out of the update because of data loss reports by users who performed the upgrade on PCs.

"We have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) for all users as we investigate isolated reports of users missing some files after updating."

It is a good thing Microsoft pauses the 1809 update or else there will be a lawsuit against Microsoft pushes out an update that delete user files like a malicious application.  

i mean this is somewhat disappointing, but a good idea on Microsoft part.  its bad pr for people loosing data.

im just gad that i got both of my computers upgraded with no problems.

1809 Seemed to have some nice features just a shame it deleted files, hopefully won't take long for Microsoft to fix the issue. But for now I'm glad they've took it down.

I hope that I was able to help 🙂

i also didn't have any issues with the update, and i also had OneDrive uninstalled because it's annoying af

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Wait, what's happening with the 1809 update? Sorry, I'm out of the loop lol.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I'm glad Microsoft decided to pull the parking brake and stall the update to fix the issues. People losing data is a big no-no for a modern OS to do. I fault them for forcing OneDrive down the user's throats without effectivelly testing customized system folders on a huge feature update like this one. What I find more annoying is that when people begun having issues, or losing data, others brought up "Oh I have no issues! Windows 10 is great!" like, guys, please, telling people you have no issues doesn't change anything, it makes it worse for people who have problems to resolve them, and in fact cultivates a bad mentality that happens fairly often in some communities particurarily OSX focused ones.

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Wait, what's happening with the 1809 update? Sorry, I'm out of the loop lol.

Install the update to receive an upgrade to your storage drive's free space (because the update will cause your personal files in the user\Documents folder to become deleted - at least for some people).

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

How dont you test something before a rollout to everyone and with a "bug" as serious as this?

I cant believe this was ever possible. This is pure and simple incompetence, people should sue their asses for all their money.