Which CPU should I get?

I know I have posted a similar topic before, but I am still in a dilemma. Should I get the AMD FX-8350 or the i5 4670k processor? Keep in mind that I am on a bit of a budget being in my teens without a real income at the moment. Other places on the web I have asked a similar question I am told that I should save up and put forth the extra money for the better Intel processor for gaming. What does the LTT forums think I should do in my specific situation? 

If you're just gaming an 8350 is going to work fine.

Spoiler

Even in a specific small budget, you could also get a non overclocked version of a CPU and still have it be good for gaming.

My personal choice. i5-4670K with a MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard.

8350 would be my choice for a budget. But what is your budget?

I don't really have a finite "budget" per se, but I would be able to potentially get other parts with any saved money

I don't really have a finite "budget" per se, but I would be able to potentially get other parts with any saved money

Then go with 8350 its a great cpu for the price. I built  a computer with one  last year for my friend and no complaints what so ever

Then go with 8350 its a great cpu for the price. I built  a computer with one  last year for my friend and no complaints what so ever

I'm getting very different feedback than from overclock.net

If you budget is about 1200$ then I'd say the i5 4670K.

Quote me to get a reply!

I'm getting very different feedback than from overclock.net

Try teksyndicate you will probably get a thumbs up for the 8350

AMD hasn't really released a new AM3+ cpu so nobody really knows if the socket is going to be changed like intel did, if you ask me go with a lower priced intel and when you do get money go up to 4670k, thats what my friends do.

PC:  Asus K53E    Camera:   Nikon D3100

If you budget is about 1200$ then I'd say the i5 4670K.

My budget is far from $1200 my friend. I still need to get a case and a new PSU. Would it be stupid of me to just buy the 8350 and a motherboard now and then just save up and buy a superior Intel CPU later on (like October or something)?

My budget is far from $1200 my friend. I still need to get a case and a new PSU. Would it be stupid of me to just buy the 8350 and a motherboard now and then just save up and buy a superior Intel CPU later on (like October or something)?

I'd say get a FX 8320.

Quote me to get a reply!

I'd say an 8350. Or if you're daring, an 8320 and overclock.

They are pretty much equal, so you might as well grab the cheaper one, which is currently AMD.

I guess there is one catch... If you play any game that is coded poorly, it might be worth it to spend a little more on the Intel solution (faster cores, but less of them). An examples of a poorly coded game would be an old MMO (and some recent ones). Besides that, AMD could be behind in a few other games, but it's negligible and not worth spending double digit percent more for a frame or two.

You might as well grab a 6300 or 8320, if you're not staying with AMD. The issue with planning like that is you will probably lose money while selling the parts on ebay or something.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I'd say get a FX 8320.

I think I may do that. If its able to run games well alongside like a GTX 770 or something then I might just keep it for about a year.

I think I may do that. If its able to run games well alongside like a GTX 770 or something then I might just keep it for about a year.

FX 8320 is about the same as a FX 8350 but has a slightly lower clock speed.

Quote me to get a reply!

FX 8320 is about the same as a FX 8350 but has a slightly lower clock speed.

Well sweet then thats what I'll do. I will install that in my computer and I'll just upgrade it whenever I feel like it. Thanks man

i5

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I know I have posted a similar topic before, but I am still in a dilemma. Should I get the AMD FX-8350 or the i5 4670k processor? Keep in mind that I am on a bit of a budget being in my teens without a real income at the moment. Other places on the web I have asked a similar question I am told that I should save up and put forth the extra money for the better Intel processor for gaming. What does the LTT forums think I should do in my specific situation?

Budget, case choice, and main usage?

i5

Excellent point.

Error: 410

If its strictly for gaming either will get you by fine without being a bottleneck for any gpu. The 8 cores on the 8350 may be better for gpu bound games but worse than the 4670K (by a lot) for games like WoW, though games like BF4 it really won't make a difference. It really depends on if you are playing CPU or GPU bound games and if you prefer AMD or intel and if the $70?? (I think 70) is worth that much to you.

AMD FX 8320/8350

Pros

8 threads/8 cluster cores

price/performance ratio is better

Better instructions

More cache

Better multi-threaded performance 

Better overclocker

All of them are unlocked

Cons:

Higher TDP

Single core performance not as strong

32nm 

Possible dead socket

Intel 4670k

Pros:

22nm 

Lower TDP

Strong Single Core performance by almost 50%

less power consumption 

Supported Socket, soon to be 14nm possibly. 

Cons:

No hyperthreading

Less cache

Less cores/threads

Price/performance ratio

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Budget, case choice, and main usage?

Excellent point.

I mostly play games like Bioshock: Infinite, The Witcher, Skyrim, and Fallout (my favorite). While occasionally playing games like Counter Strike: Source , Gmod, and Battlefield 4