Need advice on a Keyboard and Mouse combo

Richie

I've a budget of about €175/£150/$230, although less would be better! I could use the change for little aesthetic changes I'd like to make around the rig!(600t white, with white accents around the inside!)

At the moment I'm looking at the new Corsair stuff(mouse would obviously match pretty nicely and the case may end up on the desk about 6 inches from my hand, so that is kinda important!), or a Razar Naga?

Advice would be appreciated, please keep in mind I won't just be gaming and will need to be able to use the them for typing and general use as well!

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd get a Corsair M65 (the white one so it matches your 600T) and a CM storm keyboard with your choice of switches. I have a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid and it's epic and I'll totally recommend it. If you want to have it matching the rest, you can buy more keycaps that are white or something. They're really good value for money. It won't run you more than $180. 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Like bchampion96 said, the M65 and CM Storm keyboard is excellent. My own CM Storm Trigger is excellent and has kind of a grey backing on the keyboard itself.

For the keyboard, A Quickfire Rapid with white keycaps would work, though also keep these alternatives in mind for a white keyboard, along with the white KBT Race (I think there might be a white Filco you could get as well, but I imagine that'd be in pricier territory).

As for the mouse, I'd go with a white Zowie AM, or white Zowie EC1 Evo/EC2 Evo, simply because they're more accurate than the white Corsair/Steelseries/Logitech alternatives.

One thing I'll have to let you know about getting and using a mech KB, there's simply no turning back! I'd gotten a CM Storm Trigger Cherry Red a short while back, and because I have three systems, I've had no choice but to get two more mech KB's for my other rigs. I'd gotten a cheap Armaggeddon Black Hornet Cherry Red and a Pricier Ducky Shine II 78 Version and I love them to death. Be sure to try out the various keys/switches before deciding on which to pick. I love Cherry Red because it's linear, not tactile, and doesn't require much weight to actuate the switch. As it's more responsive, I tend to make some errors when I type too fast as it doesn't take much for the key to register a strike.....that, plus the fact I'm one lousy typist to begin with. But, I'm adjusting to it....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I would go for a coolermaster mechanical keyboard (any of them but don t get blues if you live with someone who has sensitive ears)

For the mouse i would go with the roccat savu, shure it isn t white but the white c70 isn t all white.

I just love that mouse. (i prefer mice where my pinkie can drag on the mouse pad but that is me, i also like lightweight mice)

dont forget you ll be using the mouse rly often and you wont be able to see it with your hand over it.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

I HIGHLY recommend the Razer Mamba 2012 and Blackwidow Tournament Edition, for $180: 

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=78285&vpn=RZ03-00810200-R3U1&manufacture=Razer&promoid=1360

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=63458&vpn=RZ01-00120400-R3U1&manufacture=Razer&promoid=1304

They're by far the most responsive and enjoyable peripherals I've had the pleasure of using. The smaller keyboard size also makes longer sessions much more comfortable.

im not sure what would work best for you but ive got a mamba 2012 and just got the vengence k70 and im extremly happy!