White Keyboards

WindyDays

So IMO white cases and mice look great, but I think their elegance will be detracted if matched with black keyboards and monitors.

White cases are everywhere on the market these days, and whilst you'll be limited in options for white mice, there are still a variety of models to choose from.

However, white keyboards [especially mechanical ones] are practically nonexistent as the only white keyboard I can think of is the MEKA G Unit (Combat White) from Tt esports.

This may not suit everyone's tastes and it certainly does not suit mine, as I am not a big fan of red and I cannot stand the double-row return key and subsequently the (\ |) key being shifted.

Furthermore, it is only available in Cherry MX Black switches (I think) and it seems to be impossible to get your hands on a white model anyway.

Basically, my point is:

1. Are there any other white mechanical keyboards out there?

2. Why doesn't Ducky/Filco or even Corsair (who has white cases and mice) offer white keyboards as well?

Does anyone own a white case/mouse and want other white peripherals?

Note: for the purposes of this thread, white = arctic / stormtrooper white, NOT any off-white or creamy deviations.

Filco used to make a completely white board; however i can't find anywhere that has them in stock / they've been discontinued. I agree that there should be a much larger selection of white boards available, but i guess it's also somewhat down to the OEM board makes - Costar for example, the bodies they produce are predominantly black, therefore to make a white board would cost the manufacturer more and ultimately the end consumer. Have you looked at getting white keycaps? They are easily sourced off of many places, i would recommend WASDKeyboards, i got my set from there and they were very good to deal with and the keycaps arrived within 2 weeks, and, considering i live in the UK, that's very good shipping for second class.

I've considered white keycaps, but I don't think they will look good on a black keyboard body.

Ultimately, I'm not looking to buy a keyboard right at this moment, but I am planning to in the future. It just bugs me how it's hard to match anything other than black (with ___ accents). Not that I don't like black though.

Also wondering whether anyone has a white mouse/case and can make it look like it matches with the other main computer peripherals (e.g. monitor and keyboard).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201052

Could get white keycaps with that. The Filco keycaps should be a perfect fit.

http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=13411

I think black with white keycaps would be the best bet. That way you have more flexibility with what you put on your desk if you are trying to color match. A Fractal case with a black and white keyboard would look really good.

I've considered white keycaps, but I don't think they will look good on a black keyboard body.

Ultimately, I'm not looking to buy a keyboard right at this moment, but I am planning to in the future. It just bugs me how it's hard to match anything other than black (with ___ accents). Not that I don't like black though.

Also wondering whether anyone has a white mouse/case and can make it look like it matches with the other main computer peripherals (e.g. monitor and keyboard).

Check my post: http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/computer-hardware/peripherals/82137-changing-keycaps-on-my-steelseries-6gv2-red-switch-edition

Changed keycaps on my keyboard. White keycaps on a black body red back plate keyboard looks pretty nice imo :D

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

If you can wait until Cooler Master releases their all white Quickfire TK, you might like it. Check Linus's video on CES with Cooler Master. :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201052

Could get white keycaps with that. The Filco keycaps should be a perfect fit.

http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=13411

I think black with white keycaps would be the best bet. That way you have more flexibility with what you put on your desk if you are trying to color match. A Fractal case with a black and white keyboard would look really good.

i use the the rosewill one

its nice

Wow great finds and responses, I never knew there were so many white keyboards out there. That Ducky YOTR edition looks especially attractive, but it's just too bad I'll never be able to get one. Other white keyboards seem to sacrifice function for the white aesthetic, and I would personally rather go for function first. Thank you for all of your responses, you guys have really expanded my knowledge about the current market.

I'll keep an eye out for the CM Quickfire in the future.