Will this PSU fit in my case?

Zedrux

Replacing my Thermaltake SMART 700w (5.9” x 5.5” x 3.4”) with an EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750w (7” x 5.9” x 3.39”) in my case (7.3” x 16.2” x 17.3”). Cutting it close with the 7” PSU width and 7.3” case width but is that enough free space to fit?

As long as they're both ATX spec, it should be fine. One is just ~2.5 " deeper than the other.

What specific case do you have?

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

20 minutes ago, Zedrux said:

in my case (7.3” x 16.2” x 17.3”)

Would your case happen to be an Antec VSK4000?

https://www.amazon.com/Antec-VSK4000E-U3-Mid-Tower-Expansion-Pre-Installed/dp/B00NJRMXHO

Your PSU will definitely fit. It's slightly longer than a normal PSU, however It's a top mounted PSU... I'd be more concerned about PSU's getting heavier/putting more force on the mounts, as I cant find any examples of longer PSU's being used in that case

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, Zedrux said:

Replacing my Thermaltake SMART 700w (5.9” x 5.5” x 3.4”) with an EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750w (7” x 5.9” x 3.39”) in my case (7.3” x 16.2” x 17.3”). Cutting it close with the 7” PSU width and 7.3” case width but is that enough free space to fit?

it probably will fit, but why would you want an EVGA PSU when there are better options for the same price??

PS: Imperial measurements are cancer.

its 150x82mm for height and with and lenth varies from the 140mm spec to up to 200mm, while most PSU out there right now are either 150 or 160mm.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

What case?

2 hours ago, Imbellis said:

As long as they're both ATX spec, it should be fine. One is just ~2.5 " deeper than the other.

What specific case do you have?

Antec VSK4000

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Would your case happen to be an Antec VSK4000?

https://www.amazon.com/Antec-VSK4000E-U3-Mid-Tower-Expansion-Pre-Installed/dp/B00NJRMXHO

Your PSU will definitely fit. It's slightly longer than a normal PSU, however It's a top mounted PSU... I'd be more concerned about PSU's getting heavier/putting more force on the mounts, as I cant find any examples of longer PSU's being used in that case

Yes that one.

13 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

it probably will fit, but why would you want an EVGA PSU when there are better options for the same price??

PS: Imperial measurements are cancer.

its 150x82mm for height and with and lenth varies from the 140mm spec to up to 200mm, while most PSU out there right now are either 150 or 160mm.

Lots of recommendations on that one. What other ones are better though?

1 hour ago, Zedrux said:

Lots of recommendations on that one. What other ones are better though?

Depends on how you define better.

Electrically they are mostly fine, though I don't know much about protections.

But in terms of noise, they are not that great...

Disclaimer: I only have a Leadex II 650/750W, not the G2. And the Leadex is kinda bad in terms of noise. Though the connectors are awseome...

And compared to a Bitfenix Whisper M, be quiet Straight Power 11, Cougar GX-M, Silverstone Strider Platinum, I'd take the others over the EVGA any time because they are better in terms of fan and fan noise. Semi Fanless isn't really important, if you have a good quality fan and low RPM, that more than fine. 

And there are also other units that are more interesting as well. For example Cooler Master V550 has very high low load efficiency.

PS: and 750W is not necessary for a single CPU/GPU System...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"