New PC build Budget 2000-2500 Euro / 2900 USD

Hey Guys,

So I was planning to buy new parts for my PC upgrade. I already got a case but im not really sure what CPU and Motherboard i need to choose.  Please advise on my current choices stated below in added picture.

The things that i am gonna do with this PC is server virtualisation for studying and games ofcourse(4k). (maybe even some streaming)

image.png.aac7646b031b13b35a6f486f24980b92.png

If I remember correctly AMD CPU doesnt support Hyper-V. It is my favorite Virtual system app. So I would prefer to keep it at Intel CPU

@LukeSavenije Still thanks for the suggestion

7 minutes ago, Robin44 said:

If I remember correctly AMD CPU doesnt support Hyper-V. It is my favorite Virtual system app. So I would prefer to keep it at Intel CPU

@LukeSavenije Still thanks for the suggestion

it does, but they are buisy with supporting it better. with the extra cores i think it's a better bet than the 9900k

@LukeSavenije What AMD CPU would u suggest then and what motherboard? Not really knowledgeable about AMD stuff.

1920x is about 500 bucks rn, https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wMjWGX/asus-prime-x399-a-eatx-tr4-motherboard-prime-x399-a

it's the least expensive motherboard i can find on the socket and from what i think is the best mobo builder rn. if you can fit a 1950x in your budget, go for it. but the 1920x should be plenty for your workload. also, get a good cooler with it that supports tr4

@LukeSavenije did a quick comparison between the two options and the threadripper option that i would choose is 1920x and its 100$ more expensive then the 8086k. The thing is that the benchmark comparison results tell me that the intel option would be a better idea. 

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8086K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-TR-1920X/m516988vs3934

Any opinion on that?

to say this up front: the 8086k is just a "good" 8700k. And intel is better for gaming, that true. but with what you're doing for your study it's double the cores and treads. I think you're not wrong with choosing a 8700k, I just think you're better off with the treadripper.

also, good to know you're from the netherlands or belgium. Hardware pricing in the us isn't the same as here. believe me, i have experience with it.

Netherlands yes. Yeah the pricing is really different ive seem some comparisons over the last couple of days. 

SO MUCH RGB.

As for your conversation about fitting the 1950x into your budget, well if you pulled the leash a little on the RGB it could easily fit into your budget

Yeah i know that the RGB is .... unique. But the plan is that somehow (not sure how yet) ill link the RGB to my philips hue. As almost an extra lamp. I can always turn some parts off if needed. And i know that the cost is quite a lot higher because of it. But personally I dont think that i would need that many cores.

i9 won't be as good for gaming as an i7 but it'll do a great job for server virtualization. The i9 will do pretty good for gaming

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, Robin44 said:

@LukeSavenije damn thanks for the link. Saving that.

sure, no problem. so you're going next level from rgb pc to rgb room?

@LukeSavenijeYeah im waiting for someone who does this to his whole house. Then we reached the level where people have issues. (maybe im already reaching that level. Hahahaha)

@LukeSavenije Great motherboard if it supports hue. But the thing is. Can Aura and iCUE support each other, because so far i have not found a single person who got it working. (except programmers :/ )

-...- i searched for 2 hours. maybe skipped that link or something.