Corsair releases a whole line of individually sleeved cables!!!

PCBudgetComponent

Well they've actually had individually sleeved cables for a very long time but they have upgraded on their previous individually sleeved cables to much higher quality.

Whats the reason for getting these? Clean look? Over clocking?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Whats the reason for getting these? Clean look? Over clocking?
they look nice and that is all....

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

they are so expensive and i just bought all the stuff to sleeve my cables and it only cost me like $40 plus shipping

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

i got them cause im lazy lol, they look pretty sweet and make the bottom of my case look pretty

and im all for my rig looking pretty

Those cables look great but they are soooo costly

Please be aware, as I have a bunch of these, there are different models. There are one type of older sleeved ones that were for the AX750/850 units and one for the AX1200 units. The new ones are for a bunch of series including AXi PSU's and some other models. CHECK the compatible PSU listing before buying. They are NOT interchangeable as the keying (portion that plugs into the PSU) is different among models, as is the pin out. Owning a few sets of these, I can say they are excellent quality.

BTW - these are also NOT compatible with other make/models of PSU.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Please be aware, as I have a bunch of these, there are different models. There are one type of older sleeved ones that were for the AX750/850 units and one for the AX1200 units. The new ones are for a bunch of series including AXi PSU's and some other models. CHECK the compatible PSU listing before buying. They are NOT interchangeable as the keying (portion that plugs into the PSU) is different among models, as is the pin out. Owning a few sets of these, I can say they are excellent quality.

lol whaler_99 1337 posts and the cables look pretty nice but pricey for something that is only aesthetics

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Ya, the new sets are very expensive. I paid $40 for the old set that did include a 24pin cable as well, so were worth it for matching a build - and saved me the hassles of doing it myself. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

holy monkey they are expensive....

I think I would rather buy individually sleeved cable extensions from NZXT or Bitfenix instead.

holy monkey they are expensive....

I think I would rather buy individually sleeved cable extensions from NZXT or Bitfenix instead.

i bought all the stuff to do it my self and it only cost me $40

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

ive done my own and spent less.. tbh, depending on what your rig is needing and

what you are capable of giving it is what stands the "expense". your time is worth

something and 12hrs to sleeve your cables is very conservative. so for $6 per hour

and $40 for supplies.. the corsairs are looking very enticing. if its a custom look, then

to pay someone else more that $6 per hour and supplies vs doing it yourself..

extensions are great, but more cable management is needed because to the extra

slack that's keeping to panel from closing properly.

airdeano

I dont see them being that expensive. I mean, somebody who buys these cables is going to be the person who doesnt care about the price, because lets face it... they are buying this purely for looks. I am going to be purchasing a set soon, for this exact reason. I want the nice cables, but i dont want to have to do the work. Simple as that.

As a side note.... It looks as though the NEW blue matches that awful Asus colorscheme that can never be matched. *on purpose maybe?*

and if anyone has a G1 Sniper, the green would look AMAZING!

I would say do it yourself and save a lot of money and in most case get a lot better sleeving job. Also if you don't know how to sleeve just check out Lurto0 Customs sleeving tutorials on Youtube @ [url=http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT7p3y4df3uwYYZI7bcdJAA]http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT7p3y4df3uwYYZI7bcdJAA[/url=http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT7p3y4df3uwYYZI7bcdJAA]. Also It only cost around $40 to do your own rig and you can get the color and pattern scheme the way you wan't. And if you need a resource to buy sleeving, Amazon, MDPC, and Lutro0 Customs are all great places to buy from. Just so you guys can see what I'm talking about [url=http://www.overclock.net/g/a/30521/lutro0-customs-sleeving-gallery/]http://www.overclock.net/g/a/30521/lutro0-customs-sleeving-gallery/[/url=http://www.overclock.net/g/a/30521/lutro0-customs-sleeving-gallery/]. I say this not to bash corsair's cables but from someone who likes a pretty computer who isn't afraid to do it myself.