ASUS ROG Rig Reboot 2018 - 20 HONORABLE MENTIONS

CPotter

Below are our TOP 20 PICKS for the ASUS #ROGRigReboot18 contest. :D We'll be contacting the winners via email within the next week or so, and then announcing the winners here on the forum once everything is confirmed.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUBMITTED A VIDEO, THERE WERE TOO MANY AMAZING ENTRIES FOR US TO CHOOSE FROM!! 

There's 3 of them that are 4-6 seconds over 60 seconds? 

You clearly posted that any video over 60 seconds would be "disqualified immediately"

IMG_xb2uuq.jpg

1 hour ago, Tinytank said:

There's 3 of them that are 4-6 seconds over 60 seconds? 

You clearly posted that any video over 60 seconds would be "disqualified immediately"

IMG_xb2uuq.jpg

That's correct, I've adjusted the forum post so no one gets confused. Thanks!

Didn't make it in this time, but I had a blast editing and going through the process of making my vid 

Good job to everyone who make it this far, and have fun with the competition!

just don't get too mad if you didn't make it in lol

15 minutes ago, Josh the apple said:

Dang. I thought for sure my 12 year old mac was bad enough to make it into the top 20. Here it is if anyone wants to see it anyway. Spent at least 10 hours on it aswell.

https://youtu.be/__M6YNx93cI

Also @CPotter I don't want to sound entitled or anything, but I am just genuinely curious what the team is mainly looking for in the videos. I personally think (though I have some bias of course) my video can stand it's ground against some of the entries shown above. Thank you for running this awesome competition as always.

15 minutes ago, Josh the apple said:

Also @CPotter I don't want to sound entitled or anything, but I am just genuinely curious what the team is mainly looking for in the videos. I personally think (though I have some bias of course) my video can stand it's ground against some of the entries shown above. Thank you for running this awesome competition as always.

Just think how many submissions there were that had old computers like your 12-year-old mac, now think of how many of those people thought the same thing that you are thinking. I watched your video and I have to say that it was honestly great (especially the socks and sandals at the end). But again, think about how many people entered and hopefully (wink, wink) there's another competition next year

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

Sad that my entry didn't make it. Hope that they get more entrees and mine was picked out of the top 3. My dream to build a gaming rig with linus is still a dream. Goodluck to the top 20's

2 AMD Threadripper 2ndgen

2 NVIDIA GForce RTX 2080Ti

10tb M.2 NVMe HHD

2tb M.2 NVMe SSD

128gb RAM

128gb ECC RAM

Water cooling.........

Will this be accomplished by a FortNite vid?!

Well darn, I would have thought I'd at least make honorable mentions, oh well. If anybody's interested anyways, here's mine.

This is my{or our} entry

nhill and platinum

Edited by nhill638
Forgot team member

Not trying to be jealous or a sore loser, but I really think you should reconsider some videos. Yeah at least 10 of those videos selected are really great but some of them make me wonder if creativity was even a requirement. I think there could be I way better improvement in the selection. I don't want to point fingers but I'm pretty sure you know what videos I'm talking about.

12 hours ago, Josh the apple said:

Creativity is number 1, but one person doesn't select these, its a combination of us LMG folk.

...And of course, having a rig that actually needs to be upgraded.

How bout 'upgrading from others people........ well........ I do have a WiiTM

Is that ok? Upgrading from console to "PC Master Race"? 

35 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Creativity is number 1, but one person doesn't select these, its a combination of us LMG folk.

...And of course, having a rig that actually needs to be upgraded.

Welp. Best of luck to the winners. I guess my 12 year old mac is too op if that's what you mean. Thank you @CPotter and everyone else who helped with this competition. May the framerates be high and the load times short!

40 minutes ago, Kevoneh said:

Not trying to be jealous or a sore loser, but I really think you should reconsider some videos. Yeah at least 10 of those videos selected are really great but some of them make me wonder if creativity was even a requirement. I think there could be I way better improvement in the selection. I don't want to point fingers but I'm pretty sure you know what videos I'm talking about.

I agree. Some of the entries are outstanding and some of them are a kick in the face after spending over 10 hours working on mine. I've definitely seen entries on youtube which are much better than some of the entries chosen for the top 20.

2 minutes ago, Josh the apple said:

I agree. Some of the entries are outstanding and some of them are a kick in the face after spending over 10 hours working on mine. I've definitely seen entries on youtube which are much better than some of the entries chosen for the top 20.

yeah i totally agree on that