Privately sharing my screen or casting a videogame

Well the title is somehow confusing but I will try to explain.

I want to send what is happening in my computer but instead of doing so via YouTube or Twitch I want to do it privately. For me and someone else.

Which would be the best way/program to do so?

To add some background to the need this comes from the idea of a friend that I used to play with (coach gaming, not online gaming) but now lives far away. So the idea is that one plays and the other watch meanwhile we have sort of voice conversation through some other platform. This would emulate or recreate what we used to do years ago :)

So to resume. Cast a video of what's happening in someones computer in a private manner to a specific receptor.

I'm aware that it would be some seconds of lag and would be never the same as if both of us would be sitting in the same room looking to a TV. But ey! it would be really cool anyway :)

PS: If you can help with this you're more than welcome to try and do so. If you are just going to post your opinion of the kind "buy a plane ticket and grab some beers with your pal" keep it to yourself :) Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Karl Sven said:

Just screen share in google hangouts/discord or something

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

11 minutes ago, Zagna said:

OBS-Studio: Send an UDP Stream to a second PC using OBS

Maybe? Dynamic DNS and port forwarding would make this much easier most likely.

Mmmmm this does not look like a casual thing you do in some minutes xD

I would watch it with more time in the coming days.

And actually I will try to dig up a bit more into the Discord way. I'm use to the program and may work.

10 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Just screen share in google hangouts/discord or something

I did that sometime ago and I want to rememebr it didn't work. At least not to send the screen when a Videogame was ocuring :( 

3 minutes ago, DVA said:

Teamviewer

Mmm I've heard of that program. But it's not a pay app? 

7 minutes ago, Karl Sven said:

I did that sometime ago and I want to rememebr it didn't work. At least not to send the screen when a Videogame was ocuring :( 

Then just set the youtube stream to private?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Then just set the youtube stream to private?

Well if you know this you just could said it. If you formulate it as a question you make someone feels stupid ;)

I don't send anytying, I don't cast video or nothing like it. So it's not weird that I don't know this. Thanks anyway for your posts.

4 minutes ago, Karl Sven said:

Well if you know this you just could said it. If you formulate it as a question you make someone feels stupid ;)

I don't send anytying, I don't cast video or nothing like it. So it's not weird that I don't know this. Thanks anyway for your posts.

5bafd7347501e_LiveStream.png.23e335e4354468f3dfb52a44450666a7.png

How long would it have taken you to google "How to stream privately" though? saves our time and yours potentially. I just tend to get annoyed by questions that could be answered via front page google search .

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

5bafd7347501e_LiveStream.png.23e335e4354468f3dfb52a44450666a7.png

How long would it have taken you to google "How to stream privately" though? saves our time and yours potentially. I just tend to get annoyed by questions that could be answered via front page google search .

Forums are for ask when you're not sure about something. And when google can come in handy is always better to have more than one opinion. Specially when more than once is just pass by here and lend mine to others :) That's a community is about. 

So no, I don't think I'm anoyhing anyone by ask something about what I'm not at all competent.

What I'm competent though is about human interactions. I work in a hospital after all and spent several years studying for it. And your coment was pretentious.

Is that ok? You have something else to discuss with me? 

Have a nice day otherwise.

Just now, Karl Sven said:

well yes what's your PC CPU/GPU to recommend streaming settings

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

well yes what's your PC CPU/GPU to recommend streaming settings

I'm not recommending anything. I'm a bit confused by your question.

And my specs are in my profile. But I won't be cocky and be sarcastic about the fact on how to use the forums :) You're welcome to pass by and see what I work with.

1 minute ago, Karl Sven said:

I'm not recommending anything. I'm a bit confused by your question.

And my specs are in my profile. But I won't be cocky and be sarcastic about it :) You're welcome to pass by and see what I work with.

Just enable NVENC in OBS and use one of the 720p 60fps preset to get a decent stream with no latency.

Spoiler