Quick Disconnect Hard Tubing or Soft Tubing

Qdc are for soft tubing. If that’s what you’re asking. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 minute ago, Mick Naughty said:

yeah it is.

will it be safe on gpus?

1 minute ago, bebejapes said:

yeah it is.

will it be safe on gpus?

Will a qdc be safe for gpus? They are designed to be used, doesn’t matter what component is in the loop. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 minute ago, Mick Naughty said:

Will a qdc be safe for gpus? They are designed to be used, doesn’t matter what component is in the loop. 

any recommendation for amd gpus?

any recommendation for amd gpus?

Nope. I don’t buy red team stuff. 

On 9/29/2018 at 4:28 AM, Mick Naughty said:

if done right there is no reason it wont work for hardline  i have 2 in my hardline setup.

On 9/29/2018 at 12:41 AM, bebejapes said:

Which fittings are better for the work?

Hard or soft tubing? 

Mick Naughty is correct they are meant for soft tube,  but if you get the right ones there's no stopping you if you have the right plan/idea

QDC.jpg

On 10/5/2018 at 7:51 AM, Neo-revo said:

if done right there is no reason it wont work for hardline  i have 2 in my hardline setup.

Mick Naughty is correct they are meant for soft tube,  but if you get the right ones there's no stopping you if you have the right plan/idea

QDC.jpg

would qdc work on gpu if i do it as soft tubing?

37 minutes ago, bebejapes said:

would qdc work on gpu if i do it as soft tubing?

As mentioned QDC will work anywhere in the loop if integrated correctly. If you have a set before and after the GPU that would be good if you plan to install and remove it often from the system or swap it with another watercooled unit. 

10 hours ago, W-L said:

As mentioned QDC will work anywhere in the loop if integrated correctly. If you have a set before and after the GPU that would be good if you plan to install and remove it often from the system or swap it with another watercooled unit. 

ive never water cooled and that is my next update after paying off a couple of things.

so im very cautious

Just now, bebejapes said:

ive never water cooled and that is my next update after paying off a couple of things.

so im very cautious

If your starting off a kit isn't a bad place to get into things, all it would need is an addition block for the GPU and fittings including the QDC if you wanted to integrate that into place. I usually recommend the P series kits, for a middle ground the Fluid gaming series (all aluminum) are an affordable option to get into liquid cooling.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits/performance-series

10 hours ago, W-L said:

If your starting off a kit isn't a bad place to get into things, all it would need is an addition block for the GPU and fittings including the QDC if you wanted to integrate that into place. I usually recommend the P series kits, for a middle ground the Fluid gaming series (all aluminum) are an affordable option to get into liquid cooling.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits/performance-series

that would work but im a big team red and ekwb doesnt have for the cards i want to watercool which is my dual rx580 black 

that would work but im a big team red and ekwb doesnt have for the cards i want to watercool which is my dual rx580 blac

EKWB will be your best option for full cover waterblocks as they have some of the largest selections including AMD blocks. If you plan to watercool you need to ensure you have a compatible block, usually reference designed GPU's are your best options since they will be guaranteed a waterblock over non-reference designs.

Some other options such as Heatkiller, Phanteks, and Aquacomputer also have some more varied sections of full cover copper blocks.  

10 hours ago, W-L said:

EKWB will be your best option for full cover waterblocks as they have some of the largest selections including AMD blocks. If you plan to watercool you need to ensure you have a compatible block, usually reference designed GPU's are your best options since they will be guaranteed a waterblock over non-reference designs.

Some other options such as Heatkiller, Phanteks, and Aquacomputer also have some more varied sections of full cover copper blocks.  

that would work but i have no idea how to tell if my gpu is a refference or not. i may have a good collection but im super paranoid.

ekwb doesnt have the block for the rx 580 from xfx

that would work but i have no idea how to tell if my gpu is a refference or not. i may have a good collection but im super paranoid.

ekwb doesnt have the block for the rx 580 from xfx

You can check here, be sure it is your specific serial number and card revision. 

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/

10 hours ago, W-L said:

You can check here, be sure it is your specific serial number and card revision. 

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/

yup they dont plan on making it. they have the gpu block for my rx vega 56. but i dont think i have the cahunas for it.

yup they dont plan on making it. they have the gpu block for my rx vega 56. but i dont think i have the cahunas for it.

Usually you need to preplan the hardware to ensure there is compatibility. You can always sell the 580 in exchange to offset the cost for a card that has a full cover block. 

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

Usually you need to preplan the hardware to ensure there is compatibility. You can always sell the 580 in exchange to offset the cost for a card that has a full cover block. 

nah no way am i selling my gpus.

ill sell anything else but those.

im an emotional being so i dont part with something i have sentimental value to it.

nah no way am i selling my gpus.

ill sell anything else but those.

im an emotional being so i dont part with something i have sentimental value to it.

There is one other option which are universal blocks or to go with an AIO cooling solution with adapter brackets. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

There is one other option which are universal blocks or to go with an AIO cooling solution with adapter brackets. 

that is true.

what can you recommend for cooling the vrms and mosfets?

5 minutes ago, bebejapes said:

that is true.

what can you recommend for cooling the vrms and mosfets?

Generally some small heatsinks with thermal tape for the VRAM is enough, larger heatsinks that span the whole VRM are sometimes already on the card or a midplate. If there are none most times you can get short lengths of heatsink extrusion to install over them.