Retro Wireless Display (VIDEO IDEA) VERY NICE

My idea is to convert HDMI, VGA or DVI to A/V and than use a VHS player for it's TV output to channel 3 or 4, after that use antenna to push to signal to an old tv and see what distance you can broadcast you pc display, what is the lentency and to show that you can use this method if you are broke and don't want to buy hardware that would do the job better.

I'm french so here my french version

Mon idée est d'envoyer un signal vidéo au VHS en utilisant A/V ensuite utiliser l'output du VHS qui est capable d'émettre les fréquences pour les postes 3-4 ensuite, pour avoir une meilleur porter, brancher une antenne au VHS et voir à quel distance une vieille télévision équiper d'une antenne est capable de recevoir le signal. Également il serait intéressant de voir le temps de réponse. 

LEL.png

16 minutes ago, techs hit said:

My idea is to convert HDMI, VGA or DVI to A/V and than use a VHS player for it's TV output to channel 3 or 4, after that use antenna to push to signal to an old tv and see what distance you can broadcast you pc display, what is the lentency and to show that you can use this method if you are broke and don't want to buy hardware that would do the job better.

I'm french so here my french version

Mon idée est d'envoyer un signal vidéo au VHS en utilisant A/V ensuite utiliser l'output du VHS qui est capable d'émettre les fréquences pour les postes 3-4 ensuite, pour avoir une meilleur porter, brancher une antenne au VHS et voir à quel distance une vieille télévision équiper d'une antenne est capable de recevoir le signal. Également il serait intéressant de voir le temps de réponse. 

LEL.png

thats probably not going to work.

the VCR was never designed to send signals.  so even if it could. the range would be suuuuper limited.

Also, the latency would be ridiculous.  you have all the latency inherent in a PC.  Processing on the VCR side.  time in the air.  processing on the TV side.

if you had a way to send the signal... sure it would work.... but, y tho.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

I still haven't think about it...

Maybe if you want to watch a movie from your pc but from any tv in your house. 

TBH with the price of those analog converters, a chrome cast or those android boxes are cheaper. 

Receiving RF is simple, all it requires is 2 pieces of metal. Transmitting is a different story.  

This would also HEAVILY fall under regulation by any government into the broadcast spectrum as it doesn't run in the 2.4/5/60ghz bands.

I get where you're going, but a 100 dollar HDMI transmitter would be way cheaper.

So in case you're interested... https://antiqueradio.org/HomeTVTransmitter.htm

It does work. Dunno if it's legal.