Need to buy a cheap sound card within 40$

TheNiloy2014

I have an Asus P8-H67 motherboard, and the on-board sound is really bad, this is especially noticeable when i use my gaming headsets, and i can notice that the sound quality is really bad and the sound also goes down lower. 

I am forced to buy a sound card within a very tight budget of 40$ and information about which card to get get would be very helpful.

Are you using the front panel audio connectors on your case? Before you spend money on a new sound card you can try plugging your headset into the rear connectors and see if that improves the quality.

Rig: AMD FX 8350, Asus Sabertooth 990fx, 16gb Corsair Vengence, Gigabyte R9 290 4GB, Noctua NH-12S, Samsung 840 Evo, WD 1TB Black, Corsair C70, Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster SA350, Acer 193w, Mouse: Cyborg RAT 5. Window 7 Pro

Laptop: Asus x75vd, Intel i5 3210M, 8gb RAM, Nvidia 610m 1gb, 750gb hdd

PS2, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox360

Buy real headphones first.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

I use genius HS-500V gaming headsets, and I've have connected them to the front and the rear panels, they sound the same. But, when I took the headsets to a friends house, who uses a Asus Xonar DG, the sound quality, volume and the bass sounded a lot better. Now, what i wanna know is, If I should get the Asus Xonar DG which cost 40$ or is there any other sound card that is better at the same price or maybe a little bit higher.

ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Gaming Audio Card is on sale on Newegg for $38.99 and has a mail in rebate of 10$ I haven't used there software but ill check I think one of my friends has.

ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Gaming Audio Card is on sale on Newegg for $38.99 and has a mail in rebate of 10$ I haven't used there software but ill check I think one of my friends has.

Their* and Asus's driver support for their soundcards are horribly outdated and never maintained.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

Buy real headphones first.

if they have only 40 to spend on a sound card do you think they have the money to spend on real headphones?

sound cards are a myth

you should watch the wan show from this last friday

I use genius HS-500V gaming headsets, and I've have connected them to the front and the rear panels, they sound the same. But, when I took the headsets to a friends house, who uses a Asus Xonar DG, the sound quality, volume and the bass sounded a lot better. Now, what i wanna know is, If I should get the Asus Xonar DG which cost 40$ or is there any other sound card that is better at the same price or maybe a little bit higher.

i dont have much experience with the xonar but as far as sound cards go ive heard there all good.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

Asus Xonar DG is currently $30 on Amazon I believe if you want to save the $10.

Current PC: AMD FX8320 || PNY GTX 770 || 2x4GB || ASUS M5A97 || Corsair TX 750 V2 || Asus Essence STX || CM Storm Enforcer
Peripherals: Logitech G500S || Cooler Master Quickfire TK || Audio-Technica AT2020 || Focusrite iTrack Solo || Q701 + DT990 Pro

if they have only 40 to spend on a sound card do you think they have the money to spend on real headphones?

http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B002GHIPYI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1388865820&sr=8-3&keywords=superlux

#rekted

I use genius HS-500V gaming headsets, and I've have connected them to the front and the rear panels

Get proper headphones and a standalone mic (or a mod mic), and plug them into the back of your PC. If you can't afford any right now, save up for it. Your setup won't benefit from a sound card.

The Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro would be something too look out for on deals.

who cares...

I owned a pair of the HD681 EVOs and I think they're a little better compared to a friend's regular(?) HD681, it's not as bright or edgy sounding :P

Current PC: AMD FX8320 || PNY GTX 770 || 2x4GB || ASUS M5A97 || Corsair TX 750 V2 || Asus Essence STX || CM Storm Enforcer
Peripherals: Logitech G500S || Cooler Master Quickfire TK || Audio-Technica AT2020 || Focusrite iTrack Solo || Q701 + DT990 Pro

I owned a pair of the HD681 EVOs and I think they're a little better compared to a friend's regular(?) HD681, it's not as bright or edgy sounding :P

Aside from the no padding I like the design of the EVO even more. I disregarded that when searching on Amazon...

Weird, that motherboard should be able to power that headset with no problems whatsoever. Try it with a different pair of heaphones if possible (maybe your friend's?) and if the problem persists get the Xonar DG as your on-board sound is not working properly.

I just have to tell you that i live in Bangladesh, and these headphones along with many other big brands don't come into my country, so i did all the research that i could and bought the Genius HS-500V's.

AS to everyone else thank you for taking the time to help me make this decision, i am gonna buy the Asus Xonar DGX.

Get proper headphones and a standalone mic (or a mod mic), and plug them into the back of your PC. If you can't afford any right now, save up for it. Your setup won't benefit from a sound card.

The Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro would be something too look out for on deals.

Those are a 187$ headphone, do i look like i have that much cash on my hands? And Beyerdynamics don't come to Bangladesh.

I just have to tell you that i live in Bangladesh, and these headphones along with many other big brands don't come into my country, so i did all the research that i could and bought the Genius HS-500V's.

Wow I bet you guys feel a bit silly now, let the guy get the sound card and he has listened to it before so why not let him get one?

>Bangladesh
u wot m8? If you're going to ask for a recommendation, let us know if you're not in the US. I think a good majority of us are from the US or Canada. Plus "if you're not American, you're mentally ill."

you should watch the wan show from this last friday

i dont have much experience with the xonar but as far as sound cards go ive heard there all good.

you havent watched tek syndicate's videos then

Looking for a job

you havent watched tek syndicate's videos then

hopefully not, but this is not the thread to discuss it anyway.

>Bangladesh

u wot m8? If you're going to ask for a recommendation, let us know if you're not in the US. I think a good majority of us are from the US or Canada. Plus "if you're not American, you're mentally ill."

You just wrote "u wot m8?" and you call me mentally ill? *facepalm*

You just wrote "u wot m8?" and you call me mentally ill? *facepalm*

You're going to ask for a product recommendation online and not mention you don't live in the US? *facepalm*

You're going to ask for a product recommendation online and not mention you don't live in the US? *facepalm*

I'll give you that as I am new i really didn't think about stating that I am not from the US. This will be duly noted and I will try not to make the same mistake again. 

But, seriously dude you live in the US and your first language is English please use proper grammar.

I'll give you that as I am new i really didn't think about stating that I am not from the US. This will be duly noted and I will try not to make the same mistake again. 

But, seriously dude you live in the US and your first language is English please use proper grammar.

LOL