Need to buy a cheap sound card within 40$

TheNiloy2014

Those are a 187$ headphone, do i look like i have that much cash on my hands? And Beyerdynamics don't come to Bangladesh.

apperantly not. But you could aswell sell your current headset and grab that extra money and get a better one. A sound card will not benefit you at all.

I am not saying, that the headset you currently have is bad, it just won't improve with a SC at all.

If beyerdynamics are too expensive for you try something like the Sennheiser PX 360. I wear the bluetooth version of these right now and they are super comfy and have an awesome sound quality. look out for deals on those, they should sell far below $100.

I understand that stuff isn't easy to get in other countries, especially on sale, but that would be the best option for you. Speaking of the sennheiser PX 360, they are on sale on amazon USA for 50 bucks.

who cares...

apperantly not. But you could aswell sell your current headset and grab that extra money and get a better one. A sound card will not benefit you at all.

I am not saying, that the headset you currently have is bad, it just won't improve with a SC at all.

If beyerdynamics are too expensive for you try something like the Sennheiser PX 360. I wear the bluetooth version of these right now and they are super comfy and have an awesome sound quality. look out for deals on those, they should sell far below $100.

I understand that stuff isn't easy to get in other countries, especially on sale, but that would be the best option for you. Speaking of the sennheiser PX 360, they are on sale on amazon USA for 50 bucks.

If I sold my current headphones I would get less than 10$ because i bought then with 20$. And I tested them out at a friend's house, and honestly they sounded a lot better. And so I think I'll just go with the sound card

Ignoring all the previous spam...

I would go with the Xonar Dx. I had one and I thought it sounded better than on board.. For less than $40 its hardly a risky investment.

You can also get external headphone amplifiers which are good just for boosting the sound of your budget headphones.

If I sold my current headphones I would get less than 10$ because i bought then with 20$. And I tested them out at a friend's house, and honestly they sounded a lot better. And so I think I'll just go with the sound card

That is interesting. Try out some other sound outputs with your headset if you can, before you decide for buying something.

who cares...

>Bangladesh

u wot m8? If you're going to ask for a recommendation, let us know if you're not in the US. I think a good majority of us are from the US or Canada. Plus "if you're not American, you're mentally ill."

Really dude? I thought we are all meant to be courteous to each other. The US is not even the majority of the world's population. This forum is worldwide not just US only. I myself am from the United Kingdom, specifically London, England. What does that make me then? 

You can pick up something from Fiio if it's available in your country for cheap.

Looking at the audio chip on the motherboard, it's not the greatest, but it's not anywhere near as bad as you are describing it. It looks like you spent $20 on a gaming headset, so that is your problem. I highly suggest you grab better headphones/headsets.

Unless you are getting bad static/noise, it's not your on-board.

you should watch the wan show from this last friday

What he said was that in some really awkward/not common situations a sound card is beneficial. For the most part, external solutions are always better.

What he said was that in some really awkward/not common situations a sound card is beneficial. For the most part, external solutions are always better.

What they said was, good onboard is as good as a soundcard, and bad external is as good as a sound card, so the soundcard niche needs to shape up or gtfo. At least that's what they were supposed to say....

What they said was, good onboard is as good as a soundcard, and bad external is as good as a sound card, so the soundcard niche needs to shape up or gtfo. At least that's what they were supposed to say....

Same difference. Either way, sound cards are mostly irrelevant. 

Same difference. Either way, sound cards are mostly irrelevant. 

Yes external solutions may be better, but in this case the OP has actually heard the difference himself from a friend and says its better. How do you know what sounds better to him? If he can hear the difference and doesn't want to spend too much money, then surely it makes sense to get the Xonar card?

Yes external solutions may be better, but in this case the OP has actually heard the difference himself from a friend and says its better. How do you know what sounds better to him? If he can hear the difference and doesn't want to spend too much money, then surely it makes sense to get the Xonar card?

Oh posh, I didn't even read the thread, and wasn't even speaking to or about OP. I have no problem with someone buying a $40 soundcard if they think it's better than their on board. I might think they're being affected by some placebo, but there's no way for me to be certain and little reason to care or argue about it.

I don't, nor do I care what sounds better to him. You can grab something from fiio that is cheaper and will do the same thing.

*sigh*

Get the soundcard, your on-board is crapping out. Normally it would have been enough to drive those headphones, but it's probably dying.

Also, good on-board is not as good as a soundcard, it's just good enough. A soundcard is like a ferrari that can drive up to 300 mph but the speed limit is still 90 mph. Is it better? Yes. Will you notice it? No, because you're still going at 90 mph. The same thing applies to an external solution. A FiiO E10 will not improve your audio quality if your on-board can drive your headphones with no problems. Also, to those saying a soundcard is affected by "interference", the eddy currents are not big enough to cause any noise or distortion for higher impedance headphones, and for anything else your on-board is fine (except for exceptionally low impedance headphones).

I don't, nor do I care what sounds better to him. You can grab something from fiio that is cheaper and will do the same thing.

No, it won't. And it won't be cheaper. If his on-board is dying then chances are his mic-in will also die soon, and as far as I know FiiO's products don't have ADCs. Also, an Asus Xonar DG costs 30$, what product from FiiO do you recommend that is cheaper?

*sigh*

Get the soundcard, your on-board is crapping out. Normally it would have been enough to drive those headphones, but it's probably dying.

Also, good on-board is not as good as a soundcard, it's just good enough. A soundcard is like a ferrari that can drive up to 300 mph but the speed limit is still 90 mph. Is it better? Yes. Will you notice it? No, because you're still going at 90 mph. The same thing applies to an external solution. A FiiO E10 will not improve your audio quality if your on-board can drive your headphones with no problems. Also, to those saying a soundcard is affected by "interference", the eddy currents are not big enough to cause any noise or distortion for higher impedance headphones, and for anything else your on-board is fine (except for exceptionally low impedance headphones).

No, it won't. And it won't be cheaper. If his on-board is dying then chances are his mic-in will also die soon, and as far as I know FiiO's products don't have ADCs. Also, an Asus Xonar DG costs 30$, what product from FiiO do you recommend that is cheaper?

How do you know it is crapping out? From the sounds of it, his bass is really crappy. Which is probably due to the headphones. Now if he said his audio was staticy, popping, whatever else, then yes, something must have broken. But he didn't. The OP can clarify things if he wants, but I'm just making an educated guess.

Please explain to me how a fiio product won't do the exact same thing as a sound card. It has a amp, and a DAC. A sound card has an amp, and a DAC. 

You can grab the fiio E06 for $27 on buydig. 

-le snip-

-le snip-

OP's already decided on the soundcard, so let's drop it. If you want to have a vile debate thread, be my guest, but this is not the place.

How do you know it is crapping out? From the sounds of it, his bass is really crappy. Which is probably due to the headphones. Now if he said his audio was staticy, popping, whatever else, then yes, something must have broken. But he didn't. The OP can clarify things if he wants, but I'm just making an educated guess.

Please explain to me how a fiio product won't do the exact same thing as a sound card. It has a amp, and a DAC. A sound card has an amp, and a DAC. 

You can grab the fiio E06 for $27 on buydig. 

His headphones sound fine on his friend's computer with his headset. His motherboard is the problem.

No. A Sound card has an Amp, a DAC and an ADC.

A fiio e06 is an amp. It has no DAC or ADC. How the hell would that be useful?

Really dude? I thought we are all meant to be courteous to each other. The US is not even the majority of the world's population. This forum is worldwide not just US only. I myself am from the United Kingdom, specifically London, England. What does that make me then? 

no one cares. set your location on profile or if you don't mention it before you ask links to buy something we recommend. simple as that

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

ShearMe, on 05 Jan 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

Oh posh, I didn't even read the thread, and wasn't even speaking to or about OP. I have no problem with someone buying a $40 soundcard if they think it's better than their on board. I might think they're being affected by some placebo, but there's no way for me to be certain and little reason to care or argue about it.

Please show me proof of this placebo effect you're talking about.I want 'hard scientific data' blah blah now! :P

Okay, everyone. I just went out today and bought the Xonar DGX (I was too excited not to get it, so sorry to those who advised against it). I just spent the entire day gaming and listening to music and the sound quality improved right away, and i mean increased superbly. The quality was a hundred times better and the volume also increased to a very good point, and the quality of the bass was also a lot better. So thanks to all of you who gave different opinions (and those that called me an idiot for not being from the US).

no one cares. set your location on profile or if you don't mention it before you ask links to buy something we recommend. simple as that

No one cares about what? The rest of the world? I understand that you may have not known he was from Bangladesh. You could have just said "oh sorry, didn't realise you're not from the US, next time try adding it to your profile". Instead of being very rude about it and making fun of non Americans.

Okay, everyone. I just went out today and bought the Xonar DGX (I was too excited not to get it, so sorry to those who advised against it). I just spent the entire day gaming and listening to music and the sound quality improved right away, and i mean increased superbly. The quality was a hundred times better and the volume also increased to a very good point, and the quality of the bass was also a lot better. So thanks to all of you who gave different opinions (and those that called me an idiot for not being from the US).

Nice if you're satisfied! 

I did the same as you but a few years ago, the soundcard still has better audio quality than onboard imo, with the hardware I'm running.

At the end of the day, all you can truly trust is your own ears =)  No matter what anyone else says. And since you already got to try the difference  in sound qulaity before buying, then it's a no brainer :)

//On behalf of the NICE people here LTT, i'd like to apologise for ignorant comments made by halfwits.

no one cares. set your location on profile or if you don't mention it before you ask links to buy something we recommend. simple as th at

Why dont you take your attitude problem somewhere else?

Snide comments don't belong on this forum!