Ryzen 2700X vs Intel 8700K HELP

Hello!!

You've probably seen a lot of this debate topic already but I need to know which one I should get for myself and I want to hear it from you guys.

I am a student studying in the arts of motion graphics, primarily using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Cinema 4D.

After some research, it seems like the 8700K is better for the Adobe apps. But then how about the two extra cores on the 2700X, where do those fit in?

No need to factor in the cost because from my shopping list the difference is only USD$2.20 for some reason so that's good.

Which CPU would be best for me and what would be the difference between those two?

Thank You!!

Extra info:

Here's my build for now if this concerns anything (feel free to comment about it if any changes should be made): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CzxnNQ

Little intro: SFF mini-ITX Productivity PC Build Budget USD$2000-2200 (the lower the better) in an NCASE M1 (https://www.sfflab.com/products/ncase_m1)

I'd get whichever has a lower temp since this is going to be an itx build. Both CPUs kill in production.

22 hours ago, Mooshi said:

I'd get whichever has a lower temp since this is going to be an itx build. Both CPUs kill in production.

HAHA SORRY When you say kill do you mean the ‘death of my build’ or kill as in ‘awesomely great’?

On 9/27/2018 at 3:31 AM, IdeallyAidil said:

Hello!!

You've probably seen a lot of this debate topic already but I need to know which one I should get for myself and I want to hear it from you guys.

I am a student studying in the arts of motion graphics, primarily using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Cinema 4D.

After some research, it seems like the 8700K is better for the Adobe apps. But then how about the two extra cores on the 2700X, where do those fit in?

No need to factor in the cost because from my shopping list the difference is only USD$2.20 for some reason so that's good.

Which CPU would be best for me and what would be the difference between those two?

Thank You!!

Extra info:

Here's my build for now if this concerns anything (feel free to comment about it if any changes should be made): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CzxnNQ

Little intro: SFF mini-ITX Productivity PC Build Budget USD$2000-2200 (the lower the better) in an NCASE M1 (https://www.sfflab.com/products/ncase_m1)

AMD usually gets hotter and much cheaper.

Intel has less core but performs better.

If money isn't too much if an issue, wait a week or 2 for the intel 9th gen stuff to come out. Should cost just a little bit more.

what do you use the most in all the software?

my rig at home and work all are intel based because of the areas of my usage, gaming and pretty much all my cad operations are superior in intel cpus

2 hours ago, Coolsawk said:

If money isn't too much if an issue, wait a week or 2 for the intel 9th gen stuff to come out. Should cost just a little bit more.

oooo great thanks i didn’t realise it’s coming out so soon, will wait for that first and see benchmarks and reviews first then

2 hours ago, pas008 said:

what do you use the most in all the software?

after effects and c4d would be the main two, i’d prefer to keep my timeline playback/viewport as smooth as possible when im working rather than the render times. i don’t know whether that is dependent more on the cores or its frequencies so id like a better insight on that.