Question RE: Nvidia Couldn't Stop This...

On 9/26/2018 at 2:07 AM, Dragonfyr said:

At first il be using my current gpu (Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Edition 6144MB GDDR5) untill I am able to afford a 1080 ti. That make any difference?

That just means CPU will probably matter even less for gaming :P

Brilliant! Haha! 

2) I've also heard that I can upgrade the AM4 socket when AMD bring out anything else (which they're meant to?) I don't know.

AM4 should get new CPUs until 2020. That means that if you buy a Ryzen CPU right now you'll be able to upgrade to a newer CPU in the future without upgrading the motherboard.

That sounds good. AMD is my prefered option and that just seals the deal. 

AMD / Intel / £130 cpu / £350 CPU / £400 CPU / £160 CPU, Ryzen for this, this for multitasking, this for gaming. Man, when i chose my current AMD 8350FX, I thought it was the best there was, but I quickly saw it fall out of the top ranks! Am I about to make the same mistake...! :/ 

CPUs are progressing faster with multi core performance now, so it's possible in a few years your CPU will be a bit behind.

Upgrading my setup once every 3 years is where I'd like to be. So that's fine. 

I keep looking at this reply, thinking it's too much to post to someone on here. But I am so genuinly confused. I just want a nice looking RGB system that can play 4k games and stream to 2 hosts at the same time (OBS > Twitch > YouTube). Occasionally use Photoshop and Lightroom on. And more rarely use Premiere. 

So it sounds like streaming is a bigger priority than Adobe, correct? In that case I'd be inclined to recommend Ryzen.

I do like to stream, I average about 1 viewer, which might be me. Dunno lol

Yea, i'd say Streaming is preferred. But obviously, I need a decent enough PC to handle all my requirements in PS. My current pc seems to handle that fine, so an upgrade will be just as suffiant. 

To break it down. Intel CPUs are usually better for gaming. However, at higher resolutions the CPU doesn't matter much. Streaming needs a lot of cores, which makes Ryzen a better choice.

As for Adobe, Intel is usually better because Adobe can use the iGPU to speed things up. However, if streaming is more of a priority I would choose Ryzen. Especially if you're streaming to twitch and youtube. 

To be honest, I think that seals it for me. I'm pretty sure (99%) that the 2700X will be my choice. 

Thank you for all your help, @DocSwag. Sorry for delay in replying, was trying to compute all this information, haha! 

Dragonfyr