Having trouble making my minecraft server work when its not local

I have a Minecraft server that I run on my computer. It is just for me and my sister. It works fine when she is here with her laptop, but she cannot connect when she is at my brother's house. She's living there so it's easier to go to college. It is a vanilla 1.13.1 server and I have not set up a domain. Shouldn't my computer's IP address be enough? These are the settings

#Minecraft server properties
#Sun Sep 09 16:36:05 MDT 2018
generator-settings=
op-permission-level=4
allow-nether=true
level-name=world
enable-query=false
allow-flight=true
prevent-proxy-connections=false
server-port=25565
max-world-size=29999984
level-type=DEFAULT
enable-rcon=false
force-gamemode=false
level-seed=
server-ip=
network-compression-threshold=256
max-build-height=256
spawn-npcs=true
white-list=false
spawn-animals=true
snooper-enabled=true
hardcore=false
resource-pack-sha1=
online-mode=true
resource-pack=
pvp=true
difficulty=0
enable-command-block=true
player-idle-timeout=0
gamemode=0
max-players=20
max-tick-time=60000
spawn-monsters=true
generate-structures=true
view-distance=10
motd=A Minecraft Server

Go in your router settings, port forward 25565 to your local IP. (192.168.x.xxx)

and it's not your computer/local IP, but the IP your ISP attribute to your modem that should be used to connect to you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

can you give me detailed instructions? I do not know how to forward a port, but I am in the router settings.

Which router do you have?
It's usually in advanced settings, WAN> Port Forwarding or something similar to it(like Application and Gaming/Single Port Forwarding)
In there you choose UDP/TCP (or BOTH) for the Protocol, input your local computer's IP address for the Local IP to be used and in the port range field, you put the one used by minecraft server. Service name can be anything, or just "mcserv", doesn't matter. If it says "internal" and "external" port, just type in the same port.

Screen-Shot-2013-05-22-at-5.07.41-PM.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Another thing. What IP address should I give her? I just gave the one google tells me, and that apparently doesn't work

I did some reading, and apparently The switch between the router and my computer is making things complicated. what do I do.

36 minutes ago, Tedstonegenious said:

I did some reading, and apparently The switch between the router and my computer is making things complicated. what do I do.

Firstly you  should get your computer a static IP, this way it won't change all the time and the port forwarding won't be wrong. You c,an do this directly in windows or probably reserve it on your router. Then you also have to calculate that you're probably on a dynamic IP at your isp so you'll have to check this everyday and give her the new IP as it changes.

36 minutes ago, Tedstonegenious said:

A switch doesn't make things complicated. It's just a box that connects computers to each other (operating at the data link layer) it just passes on the traffic between devices, in this case between the router and minecraft server.