Pc shut off randomly every x hours

Defiled

Hey guys, a few weeks back my 980 GTX TI started smoking and was pretty much dead, so i started using my old AMD sapphire card for the next 2 weeks, then i got a replacement from EVGA so yesterday I installed it together with a new PSU and a new hard drive, I reinstalled windows 10 onto a new raid 0 drive that I created and everything was working fine for the first 6 hours. Then my computer suddenly turned off and started back up, in the event viewer I noticed

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly

and thought it was just something random, but a few hours (6 or so) it happened again with the same error.

So i immediately replaced the new PSU with my old PSU since I thought that was the problem, but a few moments ago my monitors just went off and stayed off even when re-plugging the cables but the  pc and gpu were still running ( at least the fans were spinning and LED and such).

Recap: pc shuts down after installing new GPU, PSU, and new HDD which i setup as a RAID 0 for my new windows 10(Education version)

At this moment I'm at a bit of a loss and appreciate any help I can get.

If this is PSU issue, that killed your card it could damage MOBO, CPU, any thing that was plugged into this psu. This might have something to do with MOBO unfrotunately :/ Look for something unusual, burned copper paths, puffed compatitators.... anything

Quote me so I can reply <3

But i was running an AMD card for 2 weeks after the GPU died with no problems

I'm not sure, I removed the hdd and replaced the psu with the older one and currently doign some gameplay to see if that was the issue, but since it takes hours.. it'll take a while..

after that i'll replace the GPU and reply here i guess :)

I'm also wondering if I might not have enough watt on my psu..

• Geforce GTX 980 TI SuperClocked + ACX 2.0
  • I7-6700K @ 4.6GHZ
  • 16 GB @ 2666 DDR4
  • Z170A GAMING M7
  • KRAKEN x61
  • Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB
  • Seagate BarraCuda, 2 TB
  • Seagate BarraCuda, 2 TB

currently using a 750 watt psu

2 hours later; i was playing diablo 3 and suddenly the sound stopped, monitor went black.. was forced to reset

going to attempt to use a different gpu now and see if it still happens.. :<

So far still no crash after replacing gpu... who knew that the gpu that was send to replace a broken gpu would be faulty? at least I hope it's the gpu..

@Defiled Is the monitor plugged into a separate power strip from the PC?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

No it's in the same power strip,

I have pretty much concluded that the issue was the graphics card that I was given to replace my broken graphics card.

3 hours ago, Defiled said:

No it's in the same power strip,

I have pretty much concluded that the issue was the graphics card that I was given to replace my broken graphics card.

I would say the same, that the GPU that they gave you is also fucked :P

Quote me so I can reply <3