Issues with FedEx Delivery

Tokeegee

So I ordered a GTX 1080 from Newegg with 1 day shipping, and it was shipped through FedEx. People were at my house, near the door, when the package eventually "Arrived," however nobody heard a knock, and when I got home around 2 hours later the package was not there. Now after calling FedEx, and having basically nothing come from it, other than "we might call you some time, and if we can't find it, then you will have to wait 5-6 business days before we file a claim with Newegg," I'm frustrated.

Has anyone else had issues like this? If so, how did you resolve it? I'm very frustrated that my 450$ GPU is just missing somewhere in the world, and I now have to wait days to even get an idea of if I will be getting a new one, or the one I ordered. This isn't even the first time I've had FedEx royally screw up shipping. I had the same thing happen when I ordered my 144Hz display, and had to wait 5 days, after paying 1 day shipping.

Maybe the moral of this is don't pay for 1 day shipping? I have no idea!

PC Specs :

Main System:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8 GHz

CPU Cooler: Stock - My AIO died

RAM: 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz DDR4

Graphics Card: Zotac GTX 1080 Mini

Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro

PSU: Corsair CS550m

Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO / 1TB Seagate Barracuda / 6TB Seagate IronWolf NAS

Case: Fractal Design Define R6 TG

Monitor: Acer 27” Monitor KG271 144Hz / LG 29UM67-P / 24" Dell UltraSharp Monitor

Audio: Sennheiser HD 599 headphones / Blue Yeti microphone

Mouse: Glorious Model O / Logitech G903

Keyboard: HyperX Alloy FPS

Laptop - Dell G5 15 5590 SE:

CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H

RAM: 8GB DDR4

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1660 TI

Secondary PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k

RAM: 24GB G.Skill Ripjaws X RAM

CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Generic Azza 500W Power Supply (It's probably about to blow up)

Case: InWin 805 Infinity (never buy this case)

You sure it was FedEx not delivering it, and not someone stealing it?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I would contact NewEgg and ask them to reach out to FedEx on your behalf. They are a high volume client and will have more clout and power to get answers for you.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm with @kelvinhall05, depending on where you live it's quite possible that someone simply stole it.

@dalekphalm From personal experience, NewEgg customer service is one of the most useless. I asked what would happen if a package went missing when they said standard procedure was to leave it at the door, and where I was staying, my building was less than secure and not in the greatest area. Their response? It's up to you to deal with the shipper for any claims or issues. Immediately canceled the order, have never ordered from NewEgg again.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

I'm with @kelvinhall05, depending on where you live it's quite possible that someone simply stole it.

@dalekphalm From personal experience, NewEgg customer service is one of the most useless. I asked what would happen if a package went missing when they said standard procedure was to leave it at the door, and where I was staying, my building was less than secure and not in the greatest area. Their response? It's up to you to deal with the shipper for any claims or issues. Immediately canceled the order, have never ordered from NewEgg again.

Well all I can say is, thank god Canada Post just makes me go to the nearest post office to pick up my package if I was not home to receive it. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

Still worth a shot in my opinion. Worst case, they tell you to contact the shipper, which the OP has already done anyway.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

UPS all the way. 

Edit

it also pays to get to know your servicemen & tip them. 

My experience is all carriers go through periods of Transrectal Cranialinsertion (they act like they have their heads shoved up their backsides), then clean up their act for a while. It's like they take turns to see who can be the biggest screwups (from my own experiences and what I have read, FedEx is the current screwup. Only two have been continuously problematic for me: DHL (ironically, they once were very good) and Amazon's carrier (they were so bad, they were a major reason I stopped buying anything from Amazon except for e-books).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

So what ended up happening was they took it to the wrong state, with the same city name. I have no idea how it happened considering Zip codes exist. Anyway, my 1080 should be here Monday, and the shipping center that delivered it didn't even get word of it until Friday. It's actually ridiculous how many times I had to call FedEx to get this figured out. A quick call to Newegg gave me a refund on my shipping, with no hassle at all. Newegg was fantastic, FedEx is simply the worst company I've ever dealt with for support, other than maybe MSI.

PC Specs :

Main System:

Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO / 1TB Seagate Barracuda / 6TB Seagate IronWolf NAS

Monitor: Acer 27” Monitor KG271 144Hz / LG 29UM67-P / 24" Dell UltraSharp Monitor

Secondary PC:

16 hours ago, fpo said:

UPS all the way. 

Edit

it also pays to get to know your servicemen & tip them. 

Never had a problem with UPS, I've seen those guys fly down interstates during blizzards.

PC Specs :

Main System:

Secondary PC:

1 hour ago, Tokeegee said:

Never had a problem with UPS, I've seen those guys fly down interstates during blizzards.

I think they get paid really well. 

On 9/20/2018 at 6:35 PM, Tokeegee said:

People were at my house, near the door, when the package eventually "Arrived," however nobody heard a knock, and when I got home around 2 hours later the package was not there.

What people? Your first mistake was not being at your home the day you expect it to arrive. It's a 1080, not a letter.

2 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

What people? Your first mistake was not being at your home the day you expect it to arrive. It's a 1080, not a letter.

For the vast majority of people, that's an impractical, borderline impossible suggestion.

People have jobs and obligations that - for most people - cannot be changed on short notice. Furthermore, while couriers do give delivery estimates, there is no guarantee that the delivery will happen on the day of the estimate. Canada Post and UPS, for example, are usually early.

Plus, actual delivery time could vary between early in the morning all the way until evening.

Am I going to take an entire day off work just because I ordered something? Nope.

Granted, Canada Post basically always gives me the delivery notice to pickup at the post office (often they don't even bother knocking on the door). Or I can have packages sent to my office at work, but many places of employment don't allow that.

One thing I've noticed that helps is if I am expecting a delivery and I know I'll be home, I'll write a big note and stick it in the mailbox for the delivery person to see, letting them know to knock on the door.

48 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Am I going to take an entire day off work just because I ordered something? Nope.

If I ordered a 1080 with 1 day shipping, I'd order it Friday morning and wait at my home for it to arrive on Saturday and Sunday while I'm off work. But hey, that's just what I would do. Done it with my 1070. Checked tracking and it arrived within a few hours of what tracking was showing. Zero issues. This is exactly what tracking numbers are used for.

6 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

If I ordered a 1080 with 1 day shipping, I'd order it Friday morning and wait at my home for it to arrive on Saturday and Sunday while I'm off work. But hey, that's just what I would do. Done it with my 1070. Checked tracking and it arrived within a few hours of what tracking was showing. Zero issues.

I work every Saturday, and there are no Sunday deliveries where I live. FedEx tracking said "By 8PM," since the day before. I'm glad you have better luck than me.

Also I understand what a tracking number is for. Apparently FedEx doesn't understand what a zip code is for, since they took the package to a city with the same name in a different state.

PC Specs :

Main System:

Secondary PC:

7 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

For the vast majority of people, that's an impractical, borderline impossible suggestion.

People have jobs and obligations that - for most people - cannot be changed on short notice. Furthermore, while couriers do give delivery estimates, there is no guarantee that the delivery will happen on the day of the estimate. Canada Post and UPS, for example, are usually early.

Plus, actual delivery time could vary between early in the morning all the way until evening.

Granted, Canada Post basically always gives me the delivery notice to pickup at the post office (often they don't even bother knocking on the door). Or I can have packages sent to my office at work, but many places of employment don't allow that.

One thing I've noticed that helps is if I am expecting a delivery and I know I'll be home, I'll write a big note and stick it in the mailbox for the delivery person to see, letting them know to knock on the door.

In the U.S., only the USPS is allowed to put anyting in a mail box. Other carriers are not allowed to so they wouldd not be likely to see the note.

We have a problem with "porch pirates" (lowlifes who steal packages after they have been dropped off at a residence). Besides other reasons (mostly privacy), I have all my mail and packages delivered to a private mail box (I use a UPS store). It's costly but mail and packges are kept inside a secure facility until it is convenient for me to pick them up. I don't have to worry about mail or packages "going south" after being delivered while I'm away from the house. We have extreme heat in the summer where I live so having delvered packages being kept inside an air conditioned facility until I can pick them up is another plus.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

On 9/20/2018 at 8:56 PM, kelvinhall05 said:

You sure it was FedEx not delivering it, and not someone stealing it?

Pretty much this. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

3 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Pretty much this. 

I explained what happened later in the post. It was sent to the wrong place.

PC Specs :

Main System:

Secondary PC:

13 hours ago, Tokeegee said:

Apparently FedEx doesn't understand what a zip code is for, since they took the package to a city with the same name in a different state.

Then you're all set. You will get the package after all. If I were you, I'd have these "people" you speak of at your home this time.

3 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

Then you're all set. You will get the package after all. If I were you, I'd have these "people" you speak of at your home this time.

I'm fairly sure the people he's referring to are either family or roommates, since they were in his home.