Apparently i am a Moron..

Exaco

...atleast for posting this.

1.png

Just wanted to hear your thoughts about this "IT Expert" :D 

I hate the fact that I wasted 25 seconds of my life reading this.

BEGONE 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

1) RAM speeds don’t matter that much, only by up to 5fps

2) The i5 will support 1600MHz RAM

3) It won’t bottleneck a 980Ti

Looks like someone belongs in the Genius Bar. Of course "windows 10" works best with higher RAM frequency, just like Windows 7.

Also, the RAM speed shown on Intel's website is not the "optimal" one, it's the highest it support without "overclocking".

RAM speed indeed doesn't matter much for Intel, it certainly benefit Ryzen since I believe infinity fabric runs at half the RAM speed. It also completely doesn't matter for games, like at all.
He is the moron.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

37 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

1) RAM speeds don’t matter that much, only by up to 5fps

2) The i5 will support 1600MHz RAM

3) It won’t bottleneck a 980Ti

3) it will, here's some benchmarks.
For witcher it was not benchmarked in huge towns, but there is like 30-40fps. Rise of Tomb raider got 64 in benchmark overall, but in actual gameplay sometimes its less than 40.

But yea that i5 isn't that bad yet. The only game that's unplayable with it is BF V. 

Untitled-1.jpg

46 minutes ago, Exaco said:

3) it will, here's some benchmarks.
For witcher it was not benchmarked in huge towns, but there is like 30-40fps. Rise of Tomb raider got 64 in benchmark overall, but in actual gameplay sometimes its less than 40.

But yea that i5 isn't that bad yet. The only game that's unplayable with it is BF V. 

Untitled-1.jpg

Real bottlenecking isn’t measured in gameplay, that’s just software stressing different parts of the computer. You use benchmarking tools. 

>discord

Say no more.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

ok.

6 hours ago, seon123 said:

Well obviously the RAM frequency is the most important metric to measure a PC by. 

-The Verge posting the second version of their $2000 PC build, circa Jan 2019.

OP I only agree with the other guy on one thing, Windows 7 > Windows 10

1803 was a mistake.

I have a 570 anyway so if you excuse me

JGFP0C8.png

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1,333Mhz DDR3 is more than adequate for a Sandy Bridge i5. So no, your not a moron...actually your right where things should be. Enjoy your system.