Apps with Python?

DarshanDash

Hi , 

I was just wondering is it possible to build an app with Python for android or ios? I got some basics of Python but I really got something in my mind that I wanna really create 

2 hours ago, DarshanDash said:

Hi , 

I was just wondering is it possible to build an app with Python for android or ios? I got some basics of Python but I really got something in my mind that I wanna really create 

Nope. As said java for android and swift for iOS though you need a Mac for it.

There are also things like xamarin[0] that lets you develop apps in c# and cordova[1] which lets you turn a html 5 app into an android one.

[0] https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/xamarin/

[1] https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/platforms/android/

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

On 17.09.2018 at 4:56 AM, DarshanDash said:

Hi , 

There are some solutions, like mobile support in Kivy, QPython, or mobile build support in PyQt - but that's not "tier 1" of mobile app building and it's rather quite hard/inconvenient to make mobile app in Python.

On 9/17/2018 at 4:56 AM, DarshanDash said:

Hi , 

You can use Kotlin for Android development, and it's similar to Python. 

Check it out here: https://kotlinlang.org/

I looked into this idea previously, but it is very limited since users would need QPython and Kivy installed to work on their device.

The next best thing I found was this writeup that basically uses Cython (a C-compiler for Python code) to generate C-code which Java can then import as a normal library, which would have the benefits of being as fast as possible (since it does get compiled into C rather than interpreted as Java or Python) and shouldn't require users to have any extra stuff installed. I haven't tried doing any of this myself, and from what I've read the method in that site is limited to Python 2.7 and so far isn't updated for Python 3. You'd also need to use Cython on a Linux or MacOS machine since the compiled Python code needs to be compatible with Android AKA Linux, so compiling the code on Windows won't work.