Using OLD Seagate Hard Drive in new build?

Car712

Hello, so long story short here, I bought a WD blue drive on ebay ($8), it came, and dident work. I then tested this old Seagate hard drive I had from 2005, and it worked fine! The problem is, im not sure if this is a good idea to use it? I will attach a picture of it below.

(The reason I dont just buy new one, is I am on a very low budget for this build, and dont really want to spend any more, I just want to know if its safe to use this drive)

20180912_201106.jpg

It's a 160gb hard drive, presumably no where near 7200 rpm.

It'll work but I don't know what youll do when you find out you can't store more than 2 photos on it lol

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I would run with it until you can afford a new 1 to 4TB one or an SSD, just know it is going to be slow, and that the risk of data loss is always there. But hey if you need a rig now, it will at least get your computer running.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

This is going to be very slow, a new ssd will be so much faster. Id buy a cheap ssd for like 40usd. That will make your system faster than almost any other part can.