Who Won This Year: NVIDIA or AMD?

Money
AMD for pricing, Nvidia for performance and driver support.
+1 to TechFan@ic

AMD did really well with the 7970 and the pricing compared to Nvidia GTX 680. Nvidia also did very good with making a very good price to performance ratio value GPU with the 660 TI.

AMD, imo. I don't regret buying my 680s because I enjoy 3dvision surround, but I am bitter that I could've bought nearly 4 hd 7950s for what I paid for them.

i think this was a close call, but AMD won by like a hair... just the problem guys is that if you don't account for the custom made cards ( 7979 was not made by amd or the devil 13 or the ares ) Nvidia destroyed AMD they made the 690 and if we look at the performance side Nvidia won, and Nvidia according to the rumors had a GK110 chip and they did not release because they did not se AMD as a threat, and since AMD is losing the CPU battle, and their stock went down it is hard to say thet AMD owned this year, and guys 7970 ghz is just an OC-ed 7970..

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

They both had it's pros and cons this year.

One part Nvidia aced and AMD didn't.

One part AMD aced and Nvidia didn't.

Noise, heat, drivers, price.

CASE: Haf 912+ CPU: i5 3570k - 4.2ghz COOLER: Hyper 212 evo MOBO: Gigabyte GA-z77x-UD5H GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Hawk RAM: Corsair xms3 4x2gb SSD: Crucial m4 64gb HDD: 2x1tb+250gb hdd SOUND: Asus Xonar dg HEADSET: Steelseries Siberia v2

Raspberry Pi XBMC

Both really great cards this year for both teams, and it's good to finally have some choice. Would've liked to go with a 7950 as that's the best price/performance card, but the 670 is damn good as well.

I have only used Nvidia cards, but I think AMD won this year. Can we please get the simple overclocking back Nvidia?

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I really like Nvidia but I have to agree with fishymamba that AMD won this year, great overclockers, good prices.

Oh and you can't say just this year, next gen is not out, so it is still on, last update will be around crysis 3 so w8 for that to see who wins with last drivers for the current gen cards.

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)